Thread: Visitor Access

Visitor Access

I have a friend in the area of the rally who wants to come over one evening and take a look and have a beer with me.

How can he get in on foot?

Thanks,
    Guenther

Quote Originally Posted by Guenther View Post
    I have a friend in the area of the rally who wants to come over one evening and take a look and have a beer with me.

How can he get in on foot?

Thanks,
    Guenther
    All "visitors" and guests must register for the event. He is welcome to come in for three evenings and have several beers, and enjoy all the amenities of our rally. It's a great event, and he's more than welcome to join us. Registration for non-members for the event is $80.00, which gives him access to our vendors, seminars, entertainment, and he'll have a chance to win fabulous prizes.

If your friend doesn't want to register for the event, Stout's Pub (Where Good Brew and Good Friends Meet) is just north of the grounds on Larpenteur.
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

Karol Patzer, Ambassador, 2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair
    Visit St. Paul July 24-27, 2014

...."Borrow" an armband from someone going the other way for the evening? Friends don't let friends suffer out of town complications.

May good fortune guide your travels
    "travel'n" john

Quote Originally Posted by R1100rtp View Post
    All "visitors" and guests must register for the event. He is welcome to come in for three evenings and have several beers, and enjoy all the amenities of our rally. It's a great event, and he's more than welcome to join us. Registration for non-members for the event is $80.00, which gives him access to our vendors, seminars, entertainment, and he'll have a chance to win fabulous prizes.

If your friend doesn't want to register for the event, Stout's Pub (Where Good Brew and Good Friends Meet) is just north of the grounds on Larpenteur.
    This is why MOA should have a one day pass for visitor who might become a member a for members that can only make one day.

Don
    1975 R90/6, 1980 and 1982 R65, !959 TR3A Triumph Car

Quote Originally Posted by donbmw View Post
    This is why MOA should have a one day pass for visitor who might become a member a for members that can only make one day.

Don
    Agreed! When the fee was lower it wasn't that much of an issue, but $80 is just too steep.

Voni
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

.... a visitor that is "sponsored", fills out some paperwork & is vouched for by a MOA member... who then is attached some responsibility, should have access with a reasonable daily fee. Don't think I want 'em camping over though.

Getting tired of seeing people get out of car trunks in the park'n lot.... Dad said mom strained her "hammy" last year!

May good fortune guide your travels...
    "travel'n" John

All it takes is an affirmative vote by the Board of Directors. So if you believe this would be a good change send your communications to the Board members. Mail and email and phone info in every Owners News.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    All it takes is an affirmative vote by the Board of Directors. So if you believe this would be a good change send your communications to the Board members. Mail and email and phone info in every Owners News.
    It was discussed this year due to the increase in the fee, with the hopes that it "might" attract new members... ."lending" someone an armband is fundamentally dishonest, and unfair to the members and their guests who paid the event fee.

Our event offers a Lot of great entertainment, shopping and educational opportunities. Interested people might find they want to stay for the entire event to "get their money's worth". A football game or concert can easily cost $80.00, while lasting only 4 hours. Our event is 3 days, and takes a lot of planning and money to offer this to our "members" (operative word here)

Rally Chairs do not make policy. This was a BoD decision. Paul's right...members need to communicate to the BoD. 31,000 members and less than 1400 vote.....the BoD makes decisions based on intelligent member input..
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

Karol Patzer, Ambassador, 2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair
    Visit St. Paul July 24-27, 2014

Oh well! I thought I could "shanghai" him at the beer tent and have him sign up for a MOA membership.

I'll take a peek with him over the fence and at the motorcycles outside the event proper. Hopefully I can still convince him to get a BMW and a MOA membership for "next time".

/Guenther

Let them pay for a $25 day pass with $55 deposit if they decide they would to stay drop by registration and get the right armband. Do and armband for each day. The most major problem is at least one person is going to have to manage registration late into the night and security.

Michael J Mans.