Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Online Issues

Online Issues

I can get in the forum, but can't sign into the secure services section.

I went through and did all the password reset dancing that the site seems to requre now, and STILL can't get into secure services. (but I can log into the forum and post..)

Umm.. help? What am I doing wrong? Which instructions am I not reading?

(Oh, and the site seems MUCH faster now, good work! )

- Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full, I say, are you going to drink that? - Lisa Clayman
    - A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain. --Robert Frost

Me also

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Hmmm being that they use the same authentication this makes me go hmmmm. Can I ask you to clear your cookies and try again?
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Cleared them ....... same results .......... message received = Your login or password is incorrect or has expired

Jeff

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Hmmm Jeff, have you tried reseting your password by saying you forgot it.

Sam, you should be able to use the same log in both places. Hmmm, I will need to go in search of a little more. Also the team is already working on new skins for the forum that should help.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Ok I'm in ........... Near as I can figure if you logged into the forum first did all the gobadygook required (password and log in screens) then you donÔÇÖt need to use the default login (member # and zip) just use your forum login and password. Worked for me

Jeff

SNC1923
    I had similar problems; to add to them, every email I sent regarding the problem bounced. I couldn't even post.

Now I'm in with my username and old log in. I guess it's just growing pains.

The site looks great. Thanks to all concerned for all the hard work.

SNC1923

Angry

When I attempt to send an email to anyone@bmwmoa.org, it bounces with the following message:

Recipient:
    Reason: 5.7.1 ... Relaying denied. Proper authentication required.

What can I do to resolve this annoyance? I need to get in touch with folks.

TM

Quote Originally Posted by SNC 1923
    When I attempt to send an email to anyone@bmwmoa.org, it bounces with the following message:

Recipient:
    Reason: 5.7.1 ... Relaying denied. Proper authentication required.

What can I do to resolve this annoyance? I need to get in touch with folks.

TM
    Give it time. After I tell the servers that mail needs to get routed through a certain IP address, it can take more than 48 hours for the change to become global. Until it gets fully resolved, mail can bounce and funny error messages can be generated.

Cleared my cookies, reset my password, tried my membership number, forum login, you name it.. I can't get into secure services.

- Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full, I say, are you going to drink that? - Lisa Clayman
    - A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain. --Robert Frost

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar

Thumbs up

I decided to try the password reset button when the "preassigned" password thing didn't work. That was the secret to my success. You can see there are about 10 members/ 90 guests. Little frustrating, but not as bad as the "down for construction" message.
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

SNC1923
    Quote Originally Posted by knary
    Give it time. After I tell the servers that mail needs to get routed through a certain IP address, it can take more than 48 hours for the change to become global. Until it gets fully resolved, mail can bounce and funny error messages can be generated.
    I guess my aggravation/frustration reveals just how much I love this forum and what an important part of each day it is. Patience is not my strong suit; thanks for the reminder to chill out and give it time. I'm sure it will all be good.

HODAG
    finally got in, (had to kinda trick out the system but oh well.)

it was like in high school you and all your friends go to a bar and your the only one that gets carded and you have to go and sit in the car and you can see them inside having fun and your stuck outside and then you get drunk on the bottle of peach schnapps and then you puke in the back seat of the car and then you walk home and then your buddy calls you the next day and then asks if you were the one who puked in his backseat and then you say "what happened, dude wasn't me"

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark11LT
    finally got in, (had to kinda trick out the system but oh well.)

it was like in high school you and all your friends go to a bar and your the only one that gets carded and you have to go and sit in the car and you can see them inside having fun and your stuck outside and then you get drunk on the bottle of peach schnapps and then you puke in the back seat of the car and then you walk home and then your buddy calls you the next day and then asks if you were the one who puked in his backseat and then you say "what happened, dude wasn't me"
    I really missed you Mark and all your wisdom.
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

Hmmmm

Prob I'm having is that when I go to the new secure area and login with my membership number and default password it forces me to change it..

Fine but Heloooooooooo, I'm typing the exact same password I just logged in with (default) into the old password section and it's telling me it's invalid..