Thread: R1150RT Handlebar Risers - Yes or No?

R1150RT Handlebar Risers - Yes or No?

I was hoping to get some feedback from fellow RT riders on the subject of handlebar risers. I have an 02 RT and I swapped out the stock drivers seat for a Cee Bailey seat. I'm 5' 11" and the angle of the bars tend to make me hug the tank most of the time, so I don't really get the benefit of the comfortable new seat. Has anyone had any real positive results from installing risers? And, with 1" risers that also set the bars back 1" will the stock cables reach?

I have handlebar risers installed on my 1100RT......also being 5' 11" I wanted to have the option of sitting more upright. I love them.....really comfortable and I have no issues with cables being to short
    2000 R1100RT
    Niagara BMW Riders #298

BMWMCO #45

I have handlebar risers installed on my 1100RT......also being 5' 11" I wanted to have the option of sitting more upright. I love them.....really comfortable and I have no issues with cables being to short
    2000 R1100RT
    Niagara BMW Riders #298

BMWMCO #45

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by snookers View Post
    I appreciate the feedback. Did you use a torque wrench to resecure the bars? If so, do you remember what NM or Ft. Lb. was needed?

I removed mine, after getting a RDL seat I no longer needed, PM me if interested in buying.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch
    Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote