Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Other Road Foodies?

Mmmm pie! Or, as my friend Don says, "Pie for Strength!"

Cyrus O'Leary's is restaurant in Spokane. When the MOA rally was there, we went twice for pie, it was so good!
    edit: I just looked this up, unfortunately the building was sold and the restaurant closed in 2011, but you can still buy the pies.

In Tigard, OR (just south of Portland) is Miller's Homestead. Great food and especially, great pie!
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

Quote Originally Posted by bmwrider88 View Post
    And I might add that happening onto the original Dreamland BBQ joint, up on the hill off I-59/20 outside of Tuscaloosa AL was a MIGHTY good score!
    I grew up in Tuscaloosa! Haven't been to Dreamland since they went all corporate, but they always had good stuff. I remember that original location having just five things on the menu on the old days: ribs, white bread, 'tater chips, beer, and soda.

Now when it comes to 'cue-joints, here's a good system to follow:

If the sign says 'barbecue,' keep on going.
    If the sign says 'bar-b-que,' only stop if there is a good number of vehicles parked there.
    If the sign says 'BBQ,' stop there and eat to your heart's content.
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Quote Originally Posted by The_Veg View Post
    I grew up in Tuscaloosa! Haven't been to Dreamland since they went all corporate, but they always had good stuff. I remember that original location having just five things on the menu on the old days: ribs, white bread, 'tater chips, beer, and soda.

Now when it comes to 'cue-joints, here's a good system to follow:

If the sign says 'barbecue,' keep on going.
    If the sign says 'bar-b-que,' only stop if there is a good number of vehicles parked there.
    If the sign says 'BBQ,' stop there and eat to your heart's content.
    I don't know how well it works in other parts of the country, but good Texan friend told me that if I was looking at a roadhouse for BBQ, if the lot had a good mix of beat up trucks and Mercedes, pull in!
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

Road foodies

Thanks to the member who advised to stop in the Hilltop Restaurant, in L"Anse, Michigan for a cinnamon roll/sweet roll. Bigger than a coffee cup saucer and 5" to 6" tall maybe and got one fresh out of the oven. My wife and I split one and I don't think I'll need another until 2018 and a half. Seems they sold 204 dozen on one day for a record.
    Charlie