Thread: SMH-10 Battery Life

SMH-10 Battery Life

My set up: 2013 R1200RT, C3 helmet, SMH-10 communications.
    My last long ride the Sena battery lasted almost 6 hrs then I got the "good by".
    Is there some way to plug the system into the bike to keep the unit charging and still have the Sena run???
    I plan on doing the SS1000 and would really like to have sound all the time and not have to rely on turning on bikes speakers.

Thanks you in advance.
    Peter

plug in SENA

Yes, you should have gotten a cord with a plug that you can use on the bike although you may need the adapter. My battery is usually good for about 10 hours on intercom time and a little less if I'm listening to music.
    Mary
    2007 R1200RT, gone
    2009 R1200RT

Your battery should last around 10 hours. The Sena can be charged while riding if you have a receptacle for the charger. I have a cigarette lighter in the speaker grill on my 05 RT that lets me charge on the fly.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    SABMWRA MOA #62
    2005 BMW R1200RT
    2008 Honda CBR1000RR LE
    1984 Kawasaki 750 Turbo E1

Thanks for the info. I don't have a cig lighter socket but I do have the power socket below the sound system control. Can I use that?

Quote Originally Posted by sickticket View Post
    Thanks for the info. I don't have a cig lighter socket but I do have the power socket below the sound system control. Can I use that?
    You will need the Powerlet adapter that converts that to a cig lighter...it sticks out too far in some applications however.It isn't hard to add a fused cig adapter into a tankbag as well.

http://www.powerlet.com/products
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

I use the Miccus Chargeblock for charging my iPhone, Bluetooth dongle and my Sena if necessary. It should fit right into the Powerlet Cigarette Adapter.
    SABMWRA MOA #62
    2005 BMW R1200RT
    2008 Honda CBR1000RR LE
    1984 Kawasaki 750 Turbo E1