Thread: 2005 R1200ST - Looking for rear seat trunk

2005 R1200ST - Looking for rear seat trunk

Ok, so I do most of my riding one up and I was thinking ... would it not be nice if someone would make a replacement rear seat, that instead of having a seat on it, it had a lockable trunk. I already have the side and top case, but thought it would be a nice thing to have for those little things one always seems to carry. I see that Corbin has something like I am looking for for the RT, but nothing for the ST. So if there is anyone out there who has seen something like this, I would appreciate a heads up. It should use the same seat pan as the original rear seat.

r12rtsmg_9.jpg
    2010 328i xDrive
    2005 R1200ST

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197 bogthebasher's Avatar
    Corbin certainly makes the 'smuggler trunk' for the RT but don't see one for the ST - have you tried contacting them?
    Ken
    [2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blue) - Mine]
    [2007 R1200RT (Sand Biege) - Hers]

They sold so few ST's the large seat makers wouldn't tool up for them I had to get a custom seat made for mine.
    Knick
    F800GS
    WR250R
    Vespa ET4

Yes, it seems, that due to the low volume there does not seem to be anyone out there, at least no one I could find, who had tooled up for this. Even Corbin doesn't list on. Just thought I would ask, just in case there is someone out there who might have one or make one. But I don't think this search will be fruitful. But thank you for all who have read and looked.
    2010 328i xDrive
    2005 R1200ST