Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: BMW riders and TATOOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Denis,

Here's a shot of my back, but it has nothing with being a biker, motorcyclist, two wheelist, or what ever label people have for other people. It doesnÔÇÖt make me a better rider, it doesnÔÇÖt make me anything other then what I am. I guy that likes Japanese Ukiyo-e, tattoos, and motorcycles.

Dave
    That's absolutely stunning! I have no tattoos, but I love the Japanese stuff.

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

You know what the definition of a tattoo is, don't you? A tattoo is permanent proof of temporary insanity.

Not necessarily my opinion... just something I heard years ago.

Check out this guy: www.stalkingcat.com. Why limit body changes to tattoos? Those are metal implants in his lip, by the way, to attach the whiskers.
    Marilyn Roberts
    K75, R1150R, R100 Mystic
    St. Louis
    Built for comfort, not for speed.

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar
    You know what the definition of a tattoo is, don't you? A tattoo is permanent proof of temporary insanity.

Check out this guy: www.stalkingcat.com. Why limit body changes to tattoos? Those are metal implants in his lip, by the way, to attach the whiskers.
    Dang Mar, that dude has issues. Hope he isnt your boyfriend. I am trying to figure out how a native american has an Asian animal as his totem. Guess even native americans are global now.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

Quote Originally Posted by lorazepam
    Dang Mar, that dude has issues. Hope he isnt your boyfriend.
    If that dude were my boyfriend, my husband would have issues! Not to mention all my friends and acquaintances.

There was an article in Sunday's St. Louis Post-Dispatch about him. The article used him as an example of body alterations and surgeries that have gone a little too far (no mention of Michael Jackson, tho!). He recently moved to Whidbey Island near Seattle and not all of his new neighbors are thrilled. Can you imagine talking to that dude over the back fence?
    Marilyn Roberts
    K75, R1150R, R100 Mystic
    St. Louis
    Built for comfort, not for speed.

gened12

Talking Good point

If that dude were my boyfriend, my husband would have issues! Not to mention all my friends and acquaintances.

There was an article in Sunday's St. Louis Post-Dispatch about him. The article used him as an example of body alterations and surgeries that have gone a little too far (no mention of Michael Jackson, tho!). He recently moved to Whidbey Island near Seattle and not all of his new neighbors are thrilled. Can you imagine talking to that dude over the back fence?

I guess one would not want to talk to this guy over the fence but maybe purring or meowing might work! And you would not have to worry about rodents around the whole neighbourhood lol

Cheers

Denis R1200GS

If You Are Going To Have A Pet You Should Keep It On A Leash....
    I Wouldn't Be Caught In Public With Something That Looked Like That...
    1 Debra
    "Leonard"
    93 K 75 RT

" Oh What A Tangled Web We Weave....When We Begin To Deceive "

"Hi Pretty Lady, You Look Good On That Beemer"

Tatoos UGH

Tatooed people put me in mind of Jailbirds and other low lifes. I know that many people in respectable walks of life have them. I just don't see why anyone thinks that having a tatoo enhances their appearance.

I have to remember......

Quote Originally Posted by amiles
    Tatooed people put me in mind of Jailbirds and other low lifes. I know that many people in respectable walks of life have them. I just don't see why anyone thinks that having a tatoo enhances their appearance.
    Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law....snip... respecting abridging the freedom of speech, ....snipped non-relative passages....

Your opinion, of course, yours. In the case of tattoos, most people either do not care or are pleased that others hold your attitude. I happen to maintain the former.

Although unnecessary for either of us to voice our opinions on the issue, I will fight to the death for your right to make judgemental statements.
    Last edited by magwa; 09-03-2005 at 08:37 PM.
    Magwa
    Coarsegold, CA

I just don't see why anyone thinks that having a tatoo enhances their appearance.
    I just don't see why anyone thinks that having a narrow mind enhances their appearance, especially when they're vocal about it.

I just don't see why anyone thinks that having a tatoo enhances their appearance.
    In many cases aesthetics are actually not the strongest consideration. For many of today's disenfranchised youth, they feel that their bodies are the only thing they truly own or have control over. For others it could be more a rite of history- of marking themselves as a way of recording where they've been. My best friend has one on his arm that at first looks like some sick psycho thing- it's the name MEGHAN done totally in red, and in a scribbly hand with a letter reversed. Turns out that it's a precise copy of how his very young daughter signs her name to the pictures she draws in school. He's going through some very tough times in life these days, and his daughter is probably the main reason he hasn't killed himself. The tattoo serves him as a reminder, as a beacon that he must never lose sight of what is most important to him.
    Bikeless for now...but not forever!

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Flash, apparently having an opinion that you disagree with makes one "Narrow Minded". I didn't say that having a narrow mind enhances ones appearance, although to (as you say narrow minded) me an absence of tattoos looks better than their presence.

The Veg, I suppose that there are reasons for self mutilation in the youth, I just don't happen to agree with it as a useful option in life, if you do so, more power to you. I suppose that your friend is fortunate that something so simple as a tatoo can be the "beacon" in his life

Selil, I didn't say that anyone who has a tatoo "is" a jailbird or low life, calm down & read more carefully. I said "Tatooed people put me in mind of Jailbirds and other low lifes." Further I said "I know that many people in respectable walks of life have them. I just don't see why anyone thinks that having a tatoo enhances their appearance" Did you miss this or ignore it as it didn't fit into your personal attack implying that I am close (closed?) minded and thus "inbred"?

One chooses to have a tatoo. Some people love them...Some people hate them... Why hating them makes one narrow minded and inbred while someone who likes them is well adjusted and a fine person escapes me.

Please, personal attacks will not elevate you over others.

Thanks amiles. I think we're on a closer sheet of music than you think. I'm not into them myself, nor do I promote them or think they're cool. They're just *there* and I know the less obvious reasons simply from association with people who have them.

Selil, your list of occupations reminds me of two more personal associations. I have a friend who came "this close" to being a Unitarian minister (finished seminary but decided not to be ordained after an internship as a hospital chaplain) who has two (a phoenix on one arm and a 'HOPE' logo from an Elton John album on the other). His are life-symbolic.
    And then my mother has a friend I've never met who is a psychiatrist. She's 40-something and thought about getting a grey alien on the upper part of one breast, but then nixed the plan when she thought about how it would look after a few years of gravity taking its toll.

I'd persoanlly never get one, but the stories are interesting.
    Bikeless for now...but not forever!

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Flash, apparently having an opinion that you disagree with makes one "Narrow Minded".
    No not at all. I learn more from people who disagree with me than I ever do from those who agree. One of the great values of diversity is different viewpoints and the logic (or history) behind them.

If you feel that your statement "Tatooed people put me in mind of Jailbirds and other low lifes," exhibits a broad minded attitude, please help me understand. I guess there is something there that I am just not getting. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by selil
    Arrogance or ignorance many law enforcement officers, preachers, doctors, and secretaries have tattoos. Some people think memoralizing events, things, or events in their life is important. Kind of like a wedding ring, but a tattoo is forever.
    That's me! Two of them. My wife and childrens' names. I think I'm neither arrogant nor ignorant. I wanted a tattoo and they were the most important people in my life. Why do people judge what others do? Why not admit some do things and others do not and all for a variety of reasons, some of which you may never had concidered. To each their own!

P.S. The best tattoo I ever saw was on this guy's chest. It was a zipper from belly button to Adam's apple. The zipper was spread open in the middle to reveal clock work inside.
    MarkF

jdt367
    Amiles is entitled to his opinion.

I can see where he might get the stereotype about tattoos, so I understand where he's coming from. But 99 blue marbles doesn't make the last one red. It's all okay.
    Last edited by jdt367; 09-05-2005 at 01:40 AM.