Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: BMW riders and TATOOS!

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaMac View Post
    OK, I didn't get an answer to my previous query...so.....Heeaarrs Jaqui.... And she's a MOA member....
    I just have to ask... for those of you that know Jaqui, is her personality as nice as her smile?
    Lynn
    MOA #57883
    Current Ride: 1995 K75 Standard
    Past: 1978 Yamaha XS 750, 1976 BMW R60/6

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Jaqui is proof that grey hair is not required for membership in the MOA.
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

jeepinbanditrider
    NO grey hair here

55 yrs old and just got my first tattoo and yes it is motorcycle related, BMW specific.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGENT BRICK View Post
    for those of you that know Jaqui, is her personality as nice as her smile?
    Well, seems to be. I met her about five years ago at the MOA national. The magazine had done a cover story on her trip around Europe on a /5, and I recognized her and we got to talking. I saw her at the Chicago Motorcycle Show in February. She was working for Twisted Throttle. She did live in the Chicago area, and I believe is in Nashville now. She's a writer, artist, and traveler. That's what I know...
    Her website: http://www.thevintageadvantage.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mac
    1986 R80RT, 2005 R1200GS
    Livin' Large On The Lake

scqtt
    Quote Originally Posted by ARGENT BRICK View Post
    I just have to ask... for those of you that know Jaqui, is her personality as nice as her smile?

I have known her for a while now, Maybe almost 10 years. She is super awesome. Quick with a hug and always super excited to bump into old friends. I could be having a horrible day and see her and then I am having a great day. Just one of those types of people.

No TATS on me.

TATS on guys are okay, but I have to point out that TATS or piercings on a beautiful woman don't make sense: you simply can't improve perfection and shouldn't try.

Harry
    2003 R1150RT - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by GENED12 View Post
    Hi My wife says that BMW riders are NOT bikers because we do not wear tatoos like the Harley guys. I tried to explain that we are bikers nonetheless with our own code of conduct (helping out on the road, like speed but not recklessly, love fine german motorcycles and kermit chairs, smart enough to wear safety gear etc...) but she refuses to believe that any of us are real bikers and are really commited unless we have a tatoo.

MY BIG QUESTION IS: How many of you have got a tatoo to show your commitment to being a real biker AND what is your tatoo AND where is is located on your body. Depending on the response I might just have to conceed to my wife (AHRRRR) and my be forced to get a tatoo or I will prove my point (yeahhh)

Denis #119526 oilhead R1200GS
    Yes 5 Tattoos, 5 BMS's 8 H-D. Make is no matter biker is a biker Tat's or not
    J C Hughes
    "When you play, play hard, when you work don't play at all".
    Colonel Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by AKsuited View Post
    No TATS on me.

TATS on guys are okay, but I have to point out that TATS or piercings on a beautiful woman don't make sense: you simply can't improve perfection and shouldn't try.

Harry
    I have to agree.
    Lynn
    MOA #57883
    Current Ride: 1995 K75 Standard
    Past: 1978 Yamaha XS 750, 1976 BMW R60/6

Why would you put a permanent picture on your body that you wouldn't hang on a wall!
    Ambassador BMW MOA Ontario Canada
    President Niagara BMW Riders #298
    Knights of the Roundel #333
    1977 R100RS, (Retired) 1993 R100GS (just getting started)

Rally Rat
    My dad, now 75, is into geneaology, and has a quite extensive family tree, going back to 1678 (Sons of the Revolution, Civil War, WWI, WWII, Korea). My oldest son (now 23) also has a long interest and has spent time researching in college libraries with his grandfather. At 21 he came home with our family crest on his shoulder. It is nicely done, and holds meaning for him, as he researched it with his grandfather. He has tried to talk me into getting the same one, as well as his younger brother (18), but so far we have resisted. If I were ever to get one, it would be that, just not sure I want to do it, and quite honestly, I am more likely to farkle my bike with that cash than my body.

No tattoo, no chrome, no noise, no frequent bar stops. Guess I'm not a biker.

Quote Originally Posted by dave39 View Post
    No tattoo, no chrome, no noise, no frequent bar stops. Guess I'm not a biker.
    Poser
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

I have a few Tatts....My last one I just got at the ripe old age of 53....I also took my youngest daughter with me and we got matching tats......Sorta.......We have matching Tatts on our necks....Chinese symbol for Father Daughter....Or Cashew Chicken....My last one was.Numbers and My daughters names. I was in the Navy when both of my girls were born. I have the Latitude Longitude of the first place I met my girls.....I like it a LOT.

I wouldn't wear the same shirt every day for the rest of my life and don't want any arbitrary image every day for the rest of my life. I would never consider one and one of the important questions is "How would that tattoo look on my 93 year old wrinkly flabby grandparent?". The answer is crappy. YMMV
    CCC, NRA, OOIDA Life Member
    BMWMOA Member 15945