Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: BMW riders and TATOOS!

MY Tattoo

Here is my tattoo for the airheads, i designed and had to find someone i trust to do it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Phil Bouffard
    SSG U.S. Army
    Kaiserslautern, Germany

I have BMWs AND tattoos. Motorcycling is part of my life, and I have had major body scars from when I was about 12, so I was "over" the concept of having permanent markings on my body.
    Owning motorcycles or having tattoos, doesn't make you a bad person. Your parents did that to you!
    I DO think "bad" tattoos, or "questionable"* tattoo content is tragic. Can't say that about motorcycles, as I pretty much like them all. Plus, you can always sell a bike, but a tattoo is somewhat more difficult to remove...

*Purely subjective, I know. My personal opinions notwithstanding. Of course.
    Be The Change You Want To See In The World

jeepinbanditrider
    USMC tattoo on my left shoulder and my Son's name over my heart. Texas state seal is getting added sometime this year to my right shoulder.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Motogirl View Post
    Got this (avatar) a few years ago - Bob Nye took this pic at the race in Daytona.

I noticed an immediate improvement in my riding skills when I got it, by the way. Maybe having ink makes you faster, just like black is the fastest color.

Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Braddog View Post
    ...being tattoo free!

Getting "ink" is a personal thing, and I know how important they are to some people as reminders, symbols, etc. I have nothing against tattoos or the people that wear them.

But, it's very different in today's world. When I was a kid, the only people that had tattoos were ladies in a circus sideshow, or guys that had served overseas and had the mermaid on their arm.

Go to a summer event now, when people are showing a little skin, and you'll see more people with tattoos than without. Teens and even pre-teens, in some cases with real ink on their arms, backs, and legs. Housewives with butterflies on their shoulders.

Not for me, since I already have enough scars and marks on my body. Like I said, soon, if not already, I'm a loner, a rebel, a guy with no ink.
    You stole the words from my mouth! I'll add: For me they are a waste of money as I would rather give it away to my fave charity or blow on travel or bike stuff/other hobbies,family than spend it on personal adornment for any reason given above. Same for gold neck chains and piercings or jewelry, fancy clothes,pony tails & certain other "make a statement hair-do's,etc., just not on my agenda. When I see the "soccer mom" in front of me in the checkout line with kids & a tatoo, I privately think they should have spent the $$$ on their kids or saved it for school,whatever. Yes, it's there $$$.
    I'm actually an "artsy sort of guy", had lots of art training & done various craft work all my life-mostly wood but several others at a high level such as jewelry and wood burning and leather among others,just don't see wanting that stuff.FWIW, When I was selling my work it was common for people to assume that I had certain habits, if you get my drift, based on my being creative. Not me at all and I don't view tattoos as an indication of either having or lacking said creativeness. Same for being a motorcyclist-tattoos mean nothing about the hobby, they just are what they are to you alone. If you want one, get one, as it keeps somebody in a job...
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

Quote Originally Posted by gened12 View Post
    Harley owners have their style and most Beemers have theirs too.
    cheers

Denis 1200GS
    I always thought our style was "travel the world on your Fathers motorcycle, looking like your Mother dressed you"?.................Rod.
    Work is the curse of the riding class

No! TATS - but a lot of surgeon's have left their MARKS.

Nine is enough.
    MT helmet
    [COLOR=Red]NO ONE ELSE ADMITS IT[FONT=Courier New]

Cool Oooooooooo Look at me.....

IMHO ink is an invitation for attention.....especially the sleeves......almost demanding attention & comment...nothing to do with bikers or motorcyclists........there's also that "peer pressure" thing with many groups...almost like "straight pipes"!!!!!!

I'm not a shrink.....jus' my Oh pinions!!!!
    Heed NEAD: No Egos, Attitudes, Distractions!!!!!
    Shep Brown MOA 27510
    "Igor" 82 RS "Inga" 04RT
    Pensacola, Flairider

BernieND

Tatoos

Tattoos are a permanent reminder of a temporary emotion. I hate needles of any kind, so this works for me.

2012 K1600GTL

It means something to me. That's all I care about.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It has been interesting reading the responses to this thread.
    Of course I am curious to the ages of all the respondents connected with their Yea/Nay responses. I know ink is much more common in younger folks, and would like to know if that is true in this subculture as well.

I am 40 and have 5, and prefer them to the scars I have, as I at least got to choose their location, design etc.

Douglas Williams
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjj3386 View Post
    It means something to me. That's all I care about.
    That's the one. I gave serious thought to the Ruination gargoyle but never did it. It looks good. As for the next poster's question; age 61, 1 tattoo (extra credit for correct spelling).
    Sent from a Galaxy, far, far away

Douglas Williams
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevee View Post
    It has been interesting reading the responses to this thread.
    Of course I am curious to the ages of all the respondents connected with their Yea/Nay responses. I know ink is much more common in younger folks, and would like to know if that is true in this subculture as well.

I am 40 and have 5, and prefer them to the scars I have, as I at least got to choose their location, design etc.
    You missed a group. It's the Yea/Nay/Holier than thou.
    Sent from a Galaxy, far, far away

BMW riders and TATOOS!

5 on me. got them between 18 and 20 years old as a paratrooper stationed in Fayetteville, NC. I'm 48 now.

Tat

I would like to have one of a fire cracker that glows in the dark, but I am afraid I would never be able to endure the pain as to the choice of my location for this tat.
    Gene T