Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: BMW riders and TATOOS!

the body

lol veg...the grey alien thang was soooooooooooooooooooo funny.....I do whatever I want to my bod....beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....but my eyesight ain't what it use to be...

HIKERBIKER

Tattoos reflect fleeting passions. Then they sag.

Quote Originally Posted by The Veg
    And then my mother has a friend I've never met who is a psychiatrist. She's 40-something and thought about getting a grey alien on the upper part of one breast, but then nixed the plan when she thought about how it would look after a few years of gravity taking its toll.
    THAT is why I've never gotten a tattoo. I have nothing against them on others. Some look good; more do not. But I've not yet found a design that would meet my criterion: It would have to be something that I'd be proud to have on my body when I'm 65.

I see 20-somethings today all tattooed, and I wonder: What's that going to look like to you and others in 35 years? But of course, it's the nature of 20-somethings not to look that far ahead, I guess. I probably didn't.

But on the subject of whether I'm a "real biker"... It's just a term. I ride motorcycles. What you want to call me is up to you. Frankly, I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by jdt367
    Flash is entitled to his opinion. I can see where he might get the stereotype about tattoos, so I understand where he's coming from. But 99 blue marbles doesn't make the last one red. It's all okay.
    You've got me confused with someone else. I generally like tattoos and people who have them.

jdt367
    Quote Originally Posted by flash412
    You've got me confused with someone else. I generally like tattoos and people who have them.
    You are right, I meant Amiles (sp?) - sorry.

Not Impressed

Quote Originally Posted by amiles
    Tatooed people put me in mind of Jailbirds and other low lifes. I know that many people in respectable walks of life have them. I just don't see why anyone thinks that having a tatoo enhances their appearance.

Wow, it's pretty easy to disrepect someone when you post anonymously. Your statement carries no weight with me. That's my opinion, YMMV.
    Bob Weis
    '04 K12RS - Hannigan Hack
    www.earplugco.com

Charles, you just reminded me of a hilarious cartoon I saw years ago, I think in Newsweel or someplace like that. It showed two very wrinkled, very old men sitting in wheelchairs in a nursing home. They had various piercings and tattoos, including tribal bands and one that said "Alanis rulez." One old guy is saying to the other, "I see you were an idiot back in the '90s too."

2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

SNOONE
    ok, I thought it was about time to gross everyone out. Someone once sent me this photo.. I don't know who it is, but I'm not sure I'd want my daughter dating him if I had one
    Attached Images Attached Images

gened12

Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by snoone
    ok, I thought it was about time to gross everyone out. Someone once sent me this photo.. I don't know who it is, but I'm not sure I'd want my daughter dating him if I had one
    Who would hire this person? imagine having him as a neighbour... Might be the nicest person in the world, but I would never really want to find out!

What would push a person to mutilate a good body to this extent? This goes way beyond what I had in mind for this light humored thread... Thanks for the pic though.

Cheers

Denis 1200GS

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Hopefully it makes him happy. I just wonder how long it takes him to get through the metal detector at the airport?
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Imagine what would happen if he walked into an MRI room.
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

...Low Life.....?

.......Hi....I'm a new guy! Have ridden Harleys for 40 years or so......the

Beemer for 2+ years..... Still have my same biker friends and I have

NO tats.... but I'm thinking of "Beemers Forever" on my backside!....

speakin'bout tatts...

What I like'bout havin'an open mind,is that ya get t'meet all kinds of interestin'people. A few years ago,after attendin'the Cycle World show,in Minneapolis,I went to The Whiskey Junction, ( a great bar,always super music,and great people, in spite of the fact I don't drink alcohol) where I spotted THIS guy walkin'towards me. He was wearin'a rather loud shirt,which read " The Scary Guy",and we were standin'face to face,I stared in his eyes'n'said, "you don't scare me". He broke out laughin',and we spent the rest of the night talkin',he's an up front,in yer face kinda guy. Check him out at www.thescaryguy.com
    Nose

the scary guy is waaaaay cool. great message. hmmmm, wonder if i am man enough to take the 7 day challenge??? wonder if i am tough enough to succeed at it. thanks for sharing the link nose.
    Don't winterize; Rounderize!
    www.yearroundriders.com

BS jewellry

Bonjour, Denis,

I used to live in Pincourt (Ile Perrot.) Great riding around Deux Montaignes, tatoos or not!

I have pierced ears, and like to wear my Bridgestone earrings and pin. Yes, Bridgestone made motorcycles and I have 3 of them (at least, I tend to lose count.) So does this make me a biker? The jewellry is the original Bridgestone bike design of the keystone of a bridge with BS inside. Even most vintage bikers don't recognize it. Great converstation starter and a lot less painful than tatoos.

I have ridden 9,000 km. so far this year and that makes me a motorcyclist, not any tatoos or jewellry or... Does your wife ride? If not, why not help her learn and buy a small bike for her. Then she will know what a biker is.

I have several hidden tattoos,.....an Iron Butt logo on my butt and a couple of others to do with motorcycling but each has a unique reason behind them, and I consider them as ART not defacing my body.