Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: BMW riders and TATOOS!

25-MPH NEXT 1OO MILES PacWestGS's Avatar
    Oh, I've got a tattoo of my Chinese birth sign (Tiger) on my left shoulder blade. Has nothing to do with bikes, and yes, I waited a long, long time to paint my body with something. It was just one of those days in Northern Thailand.
    Russ
    "If you took the time to really get to know me...you'd be wasting your time, because I'm exactly who you think I am"

(Life comes at you pretty fast "Pay it Forward" - Have no regrets when the end happens)

A friend's tatt...

... because there's NO WAY I'd have a tatoo!

Property of a guy named PR, known to many in the on-line community. That's a roundel on the side of the wheel.

Ian
    Attached Images Attached Images

gened12

Thumbs up Now that's a fine tatoo!

Love the roundel...shows real commitment

SNOONE
    Sorry Sfdoc. It wasnt me but then again there's lots of us out there.

rocketman
    Quote Originally Posted by gened12
    Hi My wife says that BMW riders are NOT bikers because we do not wear tatoos like the Harley guys.

Denis #119526 oilhead R1200GS
    ThatÔÇÖs one of the silliest things I heard yet ( no offence to the wife ) but then maybe the problem is with the Idea she associates with the term "biker". Most riders I know prefer that term (rider) or motorcyclist if for no other reason than being disassociated with the 'biker" image, which in itself is mostly hogwash. Just because someone dons the duds or the Harley look doesn't really mean much in terms of them being a biker any more than if tattooÔÇÖs and a bad ass attitude define what a biker is. It's just a throw back to the 1%er crowd misnomer. Unfortunately just about every venue has a ÔÇ£lookÔÇØ that is often pushed by the vender of that particular brand, even BMW has a Look.

I donÔÇÖt put much stock in what ÔÇ£LookÔÇØ folks sport anymore, better to take each one on his/her own merits.

RM

Luckies
    Quote Originally Posted by gened12
    Hi My wife says that BMW riders are NOT bikers because we do not wear tatoos like the Harley guys. I tried to explain that we are bikers nonetheless with our own code of conduct (helping out on the road, like speed but not recklessly, love fine german motorcycles and kermit chairs, smart enough to wear safety gear etc...) but she refuses to believe that any of us are real bikers and are really commited unless we have a tatoo.

MY BIG QUESTION IS: How many of you have got a tatoo to show your commitment to being a real biker AND what is your tatoo AND where is is located on your body. Depending on the response I might just have to conceed to my wife (AHRRRR) and my be forced to get a tatoo or I will prove my point (yeahhh)

Denis #119526 oilhead R1200GS

Denis,

Here's a shot of my back, but it has nothing with being a biker, motorcyclist, two wheelist, or what ever label people have for other people. It doesnÔÇÖt make me a better rider, it doesnÔÇÖt make me anything other then what I am. I guy that likes Japanese Ukiyo-e, tattoos, and motorcycles.

Dave

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Very Cool!
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Here's one that I'm sure many of you will appreciate!

Yes it's real. My brother spotted this girl at the American Beer Fest in Boston recently.
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

OK, finally got a card reader, here are mine.
    Bob Weis
    '04 K12RS - Hannigan Hack
    www.earplugco.com

And the other arm...
    Bob Weis
    '04 K12RS - Hannigan Hack
    www.earplugco.com

jdt367
    I got one of a skull with an M-16 behind in that says US Army Infantry when I graduated from basic training, upper left arm.

I also got a one of a peace symbol made of a vine with flowers draped on it about a year later, upper right arm. It wasn't in protest, it was more in celebration, sort of, of the music and times of the late 60's - early 70's and smoking dope. Yeah, I was 18 at the time and it was 1987 - I thought I was cool. It still reperesents a pretty significant period in my life, as stupid as I was to think any of that was cool (at least the dope smoking - it destroyed me until I came to my senses).

And I got two more, right below the peace symbol, of a rose that covers a name. Yes, I got a name on my arm. It was her idea. She still has my name on her leg, as far as I know - I left her in Panama, so I have no idea. My first wife suggested covering it up, so I got the rose.

I don't regret any of them; each has a story, and each represent something for me. Life lessons or significant changes.

goferu

Dang Dave that is truly a piece of Art you are sporting on your back. How cool is that...wooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo

rocketman
    Quote Originally Posted by goferu
    Dang Dave that is truly a piece of Art you are sporting on your back. How cool is that...wooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo
    That tattoo reminds me of the Russian short story about the tattoo artist that later went on to be come famous; so much so that when he died he was declared a national hero and all his works of art were given the status of national treasures. Great you say? Well not so for one guy on whom he had done a rather intricate tattoo when this person wanted to go overseas to visit his relatives. When he applied for a passport he was told he could not leave the country. When he ask why he told that his tattoos were now national treasures and could not be taken out of the country! Much as he tried they would not let him leave, so finally in an act of desperation he had the tattoo removed by acid. When he went back to re-apply and they told him the same thing he informed them he no longer had the tattoos and took off his shirt to show them, at which point he was arrested for, you guessed it, destroying a national treasure and was thrown in jail for the rest of his life!

Moral of story, well, just make sure the person doing the tattoo is not TOO good, cause you never know..

RM

gened12

Talking Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Denis,

Here's a shot of my back, but it has nothing with being a biker, motorcyclist, two wheelist, or what ever label people have for other people. It doesnÔÇÖt make me a better rider, it doesnÔÇÖt make me anything other then what I am. I guy that likes Japanese Ukiyo-e, tattoos, and motorcycles.

Dave
    Wow! Now that's a tattoo! You must be a tough guy to endure all the needlework.

Cheers

Luckies
    Thanks guys, but the real credit goes to Fip, http://www.fiptattoos.com/ . He's a master at what he does AND he's quick with a light hand.

Dave