Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: BMW riders and TATOOS!

gened12

BMW riders and TATOOS!

Hi My wife says that BMW riders are NOT bikers because we do not wear tatoos like the Harley guys. I tried to explain that we are bikers nonetheless with our own code of conduct (helping out on the road, like speed but not recklessly, love fine german motorcycles and kermit chairs, smart enough to wear safety gear etc...) but she refuses to believe that any of us are real bikers and are really commited unless we have a tatoo.

MY BIG QUESTION IS: How many of you have got a tatoo to show your commitment to being a real biker AND what is your tatoo AND where is is located on your body. Depending on the response I might just have to conceed to my wife (AHRRRR) and my be forced to get a tatoo or I will prove my point (yeahhh)

Denis #119526 oilhead R1200GS

She's right. We're not bikers.

We're motorcyclists.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

BobFV1
    I respect my body and I am a motorcyclist. Would never consider subcutaneous ink. I don't necessarily consider tatoos disrespectful to one's body, everyone has their own thoughts on that, but I have no basis in my personal belief system or aesthetic sensibilities that tells me that ink under my skin is a choice I want to make. Also, if I got a tatoo I think my wife would throw me out of the house! That's part of why I love her.
    Last edited by BobFV1; 08-07-2005 at 11:23 PM.

Tattoos and pierced

Hey Mrs. Gened12--Ole Ironhorsecowboy hear has 2 Tattoos and a few piercings! Wanna get a few more before I'm thru.
    My tattoos did not have a thing to do with Motorcycles. A portrait of my son when he was a baby (he just turned 24) also my wifes portrait when she was young and 1st married (25 years of marriage this October).They are like history of life from times gone by. I can always remember those times when I look at those tattoos.

I have 2 ................ do I have to sell my bike?

Jeff
    Jeff King
    Oak Harbor Ohio
    86 K100 RT
    02 Ruckus

ÔÇ£Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress.ÔÇØ

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    My Tattoo is on my wife, but I have a piercing or two....
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

gened12

What no BAD-TO-THE-BONE tatooes yet?

Looks like I'm almost winning my argument at this point...

No-one with the BMW logo on their butt?

Denis R1200Gs

I've got a tat, but I got it long, long before I ever had a bike.

Whatever.
    --Joe Merlino - Modified '82 R100RT

I own three bikes (2 BMW, 1 Triumph) and have two tattoos on my upper right arm. Neither of them have anything to do with bikes. I just like them.

Got the first tattoo at age 40. Come to think of it I bought my first bike also at age 40. And now that I mentioned that, I got my ear piereced at...you guessed it age 40.

Maybe there is a connection!

Rick G
    2004 BMW R 1150 GS - My Big Black Pig!
    2009 Triumph T100 - Neo Classic Retro Tourer.
    2009 Vespa GTS 250 Super - Just for Kicks and Giggles
    2009 Sym Fiddle II - For Sale

I have 1 tattoo, upper left arm. It's the Department of Defense firefighter shield, surrounded by a lick of flame with 24 points on it. I got it when I was an army firefighter. I wasn't ever going to get one, but the rest of the truck crew got one, and was pressuring me to get one too. I had a reservation about ever piercing or painting any part of my body. But.... as it was drawn, each lick of flame represents 1 soul we pulled out of a downed C-130. I am convinced that it means a great deal more than just ink, and peer pressure. (Didn't take much convincing, and it's something that I'm glad I got when I look back on it.)
    I don't know that I'll ever get another one, although I've been debating something for about 11 years now. I just can't find a design that measures up. If I do, it won't be anything brand related. (Of any brand)

- Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full, I say, are you going to drink that? - Lisa Clayman
    - A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain. --Robert Frost

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    I do know that there is a young lady who has a Rider glyhp on her ankle... somewhere on the forum there is a picture of it. I do have an acquaintance that has a Mercedes Logo on her lower back. But she drives a Toyota.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

gened12

So am I right we are not TRUE bikers?

Great responses from everyone. I have nothing against (or for that matter for) tatoos. My point was that real bikers do not need tatoos. My wife differs (see the first post). So who has a BMW motorcycle related tatoo?

I was thinking that if I were to get a tatoo, it would have to be practical. I would post an A on my right arm and a corresponding A on my right shoulder, then a B on my left arm and a corresponding B on my left shoulder then a C on my forehead and a corresponding C on the front of my throat annd so on... On my torso I would tatoo an outline of a body with the part numbers and where they go.

In case of a bad crash, a map could end up practical...

Please keep your tatoo posts coming, I haven't yet won my argument withe the significant half YET.

Cheers

Denis R1200GS

gened12

You might not be alone

Quote Originally Posted by mysticranger
    I own three bikes (2 BMW, 1 Triumph) and have two tattoos on my upper right arm. Neither of them have anything to do with bikes. I just like them.

Got the first tattoo at age 40. Come to think of it I bought my first bike also at age 40. And now that I mentioned that, I got my ear piereced at...you guessed it age 40.

Maybe there is a connection!

Rick G
    Hi I got my first bike ever this spring and Im 43... no tatoos yet unless I loose my argument, and no piercings either (unless you count the ones I was born with... ) What are your tatoos then?

Cheers

Denis !200GS

gened12

Nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by einnar
    I have 1 tattoo, upper left arm. It's the Department of Defense firefighter shield, surrounded by a lick of flame with 24 points on it. I got it when I was an army firefighter. I wasn't ever going to get one, but the rest of the truck crew got one, and was pressuring me to get one too. I had a reservation about ever piercing or painting any part of my body. But.... as it was drawn, each lick of flame represents 1 soul we pulled out of a downed C-130. I am convinced that it means a great deal more than just ink, and peer pressure. (Didn't take much convincing, and it's something that I'm glad I got when I look back on it.)
    I don't know that I'll ever get another one, although I've been debating something for about 11 years now. I just can't find a design that measures up. If I do, it won't be anything brand related. (Of any brand)

Hi, Great post. Nothing wrong with that. You and your buddies should be all very proud of what you did.

Cheers

Denis

gened12

My kind of girl

Quote Originally Posted by BradfordBenn
    I do know that there is a young lady who has a Rider glyhp on her ankle... somewhere on the forum there is a picture of it. I do have an acquaintance that has a Mercedes Logo on her lower back. But she drives a Toyota.
    Hi, Now just imagine if she had a boxer engine layout on her lower back, One could not keep their eyes off her lovely features ( I mean the cylinder head of course) Also If you squint real hard a Mercedes logo can look like a Toyota logo

By the way, I love the ears on your helmet. At what speed do they go way flat?

Cheers

Denis R1200GS