Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: BMW riders and TATOOS!

Hybrid View

gened12

BMW riders and TATOOS!

Hi My wife says that BMW riders are NOT bikers because we do not wear tatoos like the Harley guys. I tried to explain that we are bikers nonetheless with our own code of conduct (helping out on the road, like speed but not recklessly, love fine german motorcycles and kermit chairs, smart enough to wear safety gear etc...) but she refuses to believe that any of us are real bikers and are really commited unless we have a tatoo.

MY BIG QUESTION IS: How many of you have got a tatoo to show your commitment to being a real biker AND what is your tatoo AND where is is located on your body. Depending on the response I might just have to conceed to my wife (AHRRRR) and my be forced to get a tatoo or I will prove my point (yeahhh)

Denis #119526 oilhead R1200GS

She's right. We're not bikers.

We're motorcyclists.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

BobFV1
    I respect my body and I am a motorcyclist. Would never consider subcutaneous ink. I don't necessarily consider tatoos disrespectful to one's body, everyone has their own thoughts on that, but I have no basis in my personal belief system or aesthetic sensibilities that tells me that ink under my skin is a choice I want to make. Also, if I got a tatoo I think my wife would throw me out of the house! That's part of why I love her.
    Last edited by BobFV1; 08-07-2005 at 11:23 PM.

Tattoos and pierced

Hey Mrs. Gened12--Ole Ironhorsecowboy hear has 2 Tattoos and a few piercings! Wanna get a few more before I'm thru.
    My tattoos did not have a thing to do with Motorcycles. A portrait of my son when he was a baby (he just turned 24) also my wifes portrait when she was young and 1st married (25 years of marriage this October).They are like history of life from times gone by. I can always remember those times when I look at those tattoos.

I have 2 ................ do I have to sell my bike?

Jeff

gened12

I'm afraid so

Quote Originally Posted by CARVERBOATBOY
    I have 2 ................ do I have to sell my bike?

Jeff
    Dear Sam, On behalf of the BMW motorcycle owners of America, I regret to inform you that due to your 2 tatoos, we will have to confiscate your bike. I am willing to look after them personally.... since you are not helping my case. By the way what are your tatoos.

Cheers

Denis R1200GS

one tatoo

eagle's head on the upper right arm. And my wife doesn't like it......

scqtt
    Got my first and only tattoo on my first solo trip out of state. 16 years old, on a motorcycle 250 miles to my uncle's house. I guess it was a rite of passage. A tiger's head, fierce with ears flattened out, on my left calf. About the size of a silver dollar. 23 years ago, way before tattoos were cool.

Thinking about a family crest very large on my back (argent shield with red chevron and 10 red crosses) we were defenders of the church.

I have a friend with the Yamaha tuning forks logo tattoo, it looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by gened12
    Dear Sam, On behalf of the BMW motorcycle owners of America, I regret to inform you that due to your 2 tatoos, we will have to confiscate your bike. I am willing to look after them personally.... since you are not helping my case. By the way what are your tatoos.

Cheers

Denis R1200GS
    One on my calf of Betty Boop playing volleyball  (Very bikerish) and an arm band on my left bicep.

Jeff
    PS If you need to take my bike bring friends

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    My Tattoo is on my wife, but I have a piercing or two....
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

gened12

What no BAD-TO-THE-BONE tatooes yet?

Looks like I'm almost winning my argument at this point...

No-one with the BMW logo on their butt?

Denis R1200Gs

Quote Originally Posted by GENED12 View Post
    Looks like I'm almost winning my argument at this point...

No-one with the BMW logo on their butt?

Denis R1200Gs

Dear Sir:

I thought long and hard about getting a tattoo. All the really tough guys have 'em. I seem to think more about getting one when in the proximity of Bourbon. One night (in New Orleans), I decided I would just do it. "Sam's Tattoo Studio, Sushi Bar, and Bait Shop" beckoned. Sam plied his trade like a virtuoso in ink,blood, and cigarette ash (from the butt that never seemed to leave his mouth).

"Can you do a rendition of the BMW roundel on my upper arm?" I asked.

"I can but I won't," he replied.

"Because of trademark restrictions?" I asked.

"No sir," he said, spitting on the floor.

"Because you hate BMWs?"

"No sir."

"Because BMW 'K' bike riders get all the women?"

"Nope."

"Then why not?" I asked.

"Because if you lose 15 pounds that nice tight roundel will start to look like one of Salvador Dali's Melting Clocks."

Sincerely,
    Riepe
    Jack The Riepe
    BMW MOA Magazine

I've got a tat, but I got it long, long before I ever had a bike.

Whatever.
    --Joe Merlino - Modified '82 R100RT

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by selil
    Former job required no ink any place on my body, but now I'm a state employee.
    What kind of place had a rule like that? How would they know? Chippendale dancer?

rocketman
    Quote Originally Posted by gened12
    Hi My wife says that BMW riders are NOT bikers because we do not wear tatoos like the Harley guys.

Denis #119526 oilhead R1200GS
    ThatÔÇÖs one of the silliest things I heard yet ( no offence to the wife ) but then maybe the problem is with the Idea she associates with the term "biker". Most riders I know prefer that term (rider) or motorcyclist if for no other reason than being disassociated with the 'biker" image, which in itself is mostly hogwash. Just because someone dons the duds or the Harley look doesn't really mean much in terms of them being a biker any more than if tattooÔÇÖs and a bad ass attitude define what a biker is. It's just a throw back to the 1%er crowd misnomer. Unfortunately just about every venue has a ÔÇ£lookÔÇØ that is often pushed by the vender of that particular brand, even BMW has a Look.

I donÔÇÖt put much stock in what ÔÇ£LookÔÇØ folks sport anymore, better to take each one on his/her own merits.

RM