Thread: PIAA bulbs

cajunjohnny

PIAA bulbs

I bought 2008 r1200rt with piaa lights mounted at bottom of fork legs to the caliper brackets.
    I need a replacement bulb and have found several vendors but have no idea what to ask for.
    The two existing bulbs disintegrated inside the lights.

Update. Just made out some lettering on one of the bulbs: Bulbrite PR8 12v 35w. I called them with negative results.

Attaching a picture (hopefully!)
    Last edited by cajunjohnny; 06-09-2014 at 09:09 PM. Reason: New information and photo

Can you post a picture of the lights?
    Gary Phillips - #6322
    Wildland Firefighter, Retired, Riggins, ID
    Heartland Moto Locos BMW Riders
    '77 R100/7 Dirt Hack, '83 R80ST, '85 K100RS w/EML, '85 K100RS, '00 R1100RS

Call PIAA 800# & talk to a real person!
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

cajunjohnny
    Quote Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
    Call PIAA 800# & talk to a real person!
    Tried that. Negative results.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunjohnny View Post
    Tried that. Negative results.
    Google images shows LOTS OF THEM-PR8 is a very common "old style" flashlight bulb? hard to imagine PIAA using that bulb which is not 35w?
    35 watt halogen bulbs are sold in all AP's and most box stores as commonly used for OEM driving/fog lights.
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

cajunjohnny

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
    Google images shows LOTS OF THEM-PR8 is a very common "old style" flashlight bulb? hard to imagine PIAA using that bulb which is not 35w?
    35 watt halogen bulbs are sold in all AP's and most box stores as commonly used for OEM driving/fog lights.
    Thanks guys. I found them to actually be Motolight bulbs. I was chasing the wrong hound.
    I appreciate your comeback.