Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: I do solemnly swear that after 45+ years of BMW Ownership and 600K+ miles of riding B

So, I guess we now refer to Don as BeemerdoneS?

See ya in a few weeks in Sparks Don!

Dash

Certifiable Old Fart beemerdons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dashbaugh View Post
    So, I guess we now refer to Don as BeemerdoneS?

See ya in a few weeks in Sparks Don!

Dash
    I will keep the K16 for any rides less than 200 miles from Casa de Stanley, for Guatemala and the Gaspe Peninsula I will use my FJR!

I DO trust my 2009 BMW F650GS Twin though, extremely reliable! See you in Sparks on 7/10, we have plenty of Sierra rides planned!
    Don Stanley; aka Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina"
    BMWMOA #24810; www.azbeemers.org/forum #89

Visian - lets hope Honda doesn't do what they did with the 700 Crosstour - a great GS bike that everyone else in the world can buy....except those of us in the states.
    "Wer reitet so spaet durch nacht und wind -es ist der Vater mit seinem Kind" -- Goethe
    R1200RT, F800GS
    '80 GL1100

Quote Originally Posted by beemerdons View Post
    I will keep the K16 for any rides less than 200 miles from Casa de Stanley, for Guatemala and the Gaspe Peninsula I will use my FJR!

I DO trust my 2009 BMW F650GS Twin though, extremely reliable! See you in Sparks on 7/10, we have plenty of Sierra rides planned!
    Some wag over on one of the FJR forums suggested (only half in jest I imagine) that Yamaha should offer all the owners of 2014 RTs free FJR loaners. If they do, then you could petition them to do the same for you Don.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Quote Originally Posted by beemerdons View Post

That is wholly silly, Don. You could have a new K16 or any other bike if you followed my advice. I guess you are stubborn.
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog

I guess I'm an exception. I've owned many BMW's since my first new one in 1972. I have never had a problem. No final drive or fuel strip failures, nothing. My current GS has 40,000 miles on it, I've gone through 3 headlight bulbs, tires and fuel that's all. All my BMW's have been R bikes. I've had excellent service from my Ducati's also. No FJR's for me. My next bike will be the S1000F, I'm 72 and I want to try something different.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackdogGS View Post
    I guess I'm an exception. I've owned many BMW's since my first new one in 1972. I have never had a problem. No final drive or fuel strip failures, nothing. My current GS has 40,000 miles on it, I've gone through 3 headlight bulbs, tires and fuel that's all. All my BMW's have been R bikes. I've had excellent service from my Ducati's also. No FJR's for me. My next bike will be the S1000F, I'm 72 and I want to try something different.
    Same here. Since 2001 I've bought new 2 650 gs's/2 r's/1 800gs/3 rt's and 6 1200gs's. I leaky rear shock which was covered under wty. About 300k miles total. Some not used much but a couple over 40k. Just bought a 2005 boxer cup replica for my 78th birthday.
    Marty Hill
    12 GS black/Boxer Cup Replika

ride till you can't

Seems that there is an attitude here "if it didn't happen to me, it isn't true". That's very German.
    My Motorrad
    BMWMOA 162849 | BMWRA 41335 | VROC 8109-R | VBA 19

Quote Originally Posted by ponch1 View Post
    Seems that there is an attitude here "if it didn't happen to me, it isn't true". That's very German.
    Or perhaps, "if it happened to several it will happen to everyone." That's very internet
    2013 R1200 GSW

Riding is the art of throwing yourself at the ground and missing

Quote Originally Posted by gr8ridn2 View Post
    Or perhaps, "if it happened to several it will happen to everyone." That's very internet
    One is irrational, the other hyper-rational. Reasonable rational would be to get an extended warranty or have savings for just in case. Denying issues because it never happened to you is, well, very German.
    My Motorrad
    BMWMOA 162849 | BMWRA 41335 | VROC 8109-R | VBA 19

Quote Originally Posted by martyhill View Post
    Same here. Since 2001 I've bought new 2 650 gs's/2 r's/1 800gs/3 rt's and 6 1200gs's.
    You are the Energizer Bunny of motorcycle consumers........
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Quote Originally Posted by martyhill View Post
    Same here. Since 2001 I've bought new 2 650 gs's/2 r's/1 800gs/3 rt's and 6 1200gs's. I leaky rear shock which was covered under wty. About 300k miles total. Some not used much but a couple over 40k. Just bought a 2005 boxer cup replica for my 78th birthday.
    I was told my leaky shock was not covered by wty.?
    John Simonds
    2008 R 1200 GSA
    1975 850 Norton Roadster
    If it ain"t broke... fix it till it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ponch1 View Post
    One is irrational, the other hyper-rational. Reasonable rational would be to get an extended warranty or have savings for just in case. Denying issues because it never happened to you is, well, very German.
    Never denied issues, just a bit bored with all the crying. Pointing out that it doesn't happen to everyone. Hope it's ok to post other points of view.
    Marty Hill

ride till you can't

Quote Originally Posted by junkjohn View Post
    I was told my leaky shock was not covered by wty.?
    Very sad. I was at my dealer, Blue Moon BMW and they spotted the small leak which I hadn't noticed. The ordered a new shock while I drank some coffee and installed it a week or so later.
    Marty Hill

ride till you can't

That is nice. I pointed out to my service guy the leak, and he told me I must have run over some oil. The next time I was in they said my shock was blown, and not covered.
    John Simonds
    2008 R 1200 GSA
    1975 850 Norton Roadster
    If it ain"t broke... fix it till it is.