Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What I did on my summer kind-of-a-vacation

Quote Originally Posted by KBasa
    Chacifer, standing there on the left, gave Rob a Hershey bar at the rally so we had to make him wear his helmet. We didn't, at least this time, have to put the harness on him and hook him up to the YB trailer.

Good thing. It was wet and he gets cranky when he's wet.

Chace thinks it's all funny. Well, little missy, it's all fun until someone looses an eye. You just go ahead and laugh. No dinner for you.

Signed,

Uncle Dave

Oh my.
    scott conary - BMW... err...umm... bikes are dangerous
    portland, oregon
    www.scottconary.com | new paintings

Thanks, guys. So anyway, I climb over the fence after all the festivities, MrsK picks me up in the rent a racer and I go back to the room to snooze.

Next morning, kinda like now, eh? Is there a literary tool like that? Art imitates life? Life imitates art? We all imitate each other when we see a good argument going on on the internet?

There's been some damage from the storm. The YBs have lost one of their EZUps and there's been similar kinds of problems around the campground, but nobody seems to have had their mellow harshed at all.

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Well, of course, if there's water involved, some of the airheads aren't gonna be too into it the next morning, so around camp there are airheads doing part of what the Airheads club has tried to convince us is simply a demonstration of their character. Folks have the tanks off and they're poking around under the tank with all the fiddly bits. Some of them are just doing it cuz it's what they do to their bikes when they're not riding them. They take them apart to see if they can make them run with out the key or on WD40 or with a half a spark plug they bought at the Wally World for $.15.

But around the grounds, the BMW version of camp TV is being played out. Folks are standing around, coffee in hand, watching other folks work on their bike.

No big rock dyno, though. Some of you YBs know what that's about.

I love my airhead. It hates me. This is not my airhead.

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

See? There they are.

I think that's why the airhead guys get all that furniture and stuff. If you're gonna spend a lot of time watching Camp TV, you need somewhere to sit.

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

OK, for all you Pakistanis or Middle eastern folks that get upset when someone shows you the sole of their shoe, now's a good time to look away.

iRene, that fashion slave from Maine, (almost an oxymoron, as everyone knows there's no such thing as fashion in cold weather) has ponied up for some nifty shoes with molded flowers right in the sole.

Holy moly. I want a pair, but they don't come in my size. Feh.

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

See this? It's only 10:00 in the morning and already folks are wilting. This is a cooler full of ice. This is Dana. Dana is putting his tush in the ice because at 10am, he's already sweated through his BVDs and his Tshirt.

It's quarter to 8am here on the left coast, so I'm gonna go out to the garage, arm wrestle the airhead into starting and go for a ride. If it won't start, I'll take the damn Honda.

So there.

Hiya, Savant!

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    There was a lot of this going on. I take your picture, you take my picture, we all see each other's perspective.

Maybe I should do this on the media editor threads or something.

Backatcha....

-=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

You're number 1!

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

HODAG
    Speaking of chatterboxes, here was the happiest guy I met all weekend. Talk about being in his element. This cat was playing host and having a ball every time I saw him.

Tina and I are sitting in the audience at the closing ceremonies. I look on stage and there he is, with a whole bunch of medals hanging on his arm. This, my friends, is a volunteer. He saw something that needed to be done and did it.

Loraz is my hero.

I've only met a few like him, and I like him.

ian408
    Nice work there Daveo!

Ian

That big butt gets around! Think I just saw it this weekend. Ummmm, beer
    MarkF

OK, so let's see. Where was I? Oh yeah. Thursday. We're hanging around the YB tent cuz it's all shady and stuff and once we got Dana's ass out of the cooler, (ya shoulda heard the popping sound that made) it was time to stand around and drink beer. I didn't have anything in particular to do that day, so it was fully rallying operation.

So here I present the future of the club. These two guys, Bubba on the left, and YB Garth on the right remind me so much of myself and most of the folks I hang around with now that it hurts sometimes. They're just like my friends.

Only younger.

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

And, here again, is everyone's favorite opera singer, hanging with Blake from TN at the H2W booth. Yep. Got the rally swerve on. Staying outta the sun, staying hydrated and staying caught up with some friends and acquantances.

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Folks that know me know that I am an unabashed bike slut. I resisted any kind of bike lust during the rally. Got an airhead already, Kbikes of the K75, K11 and K100 and K12RS and GT varieties leave me cold. I was doing pretty good. No lust, no comments from Tina that I should just shut up and enjoy my garage as it.

Until I saw this thing. Oh. My. God. It was parked in the Holt tent, which just seemed to be a place to hang around more than anything else. But holy cow, this bike just pulled me right in.

The color is audacious. The look of the black motor and the green wheels and the wierd little teeny tiny little front end.

I'm sick with lust. It took about two minutes for Tina to fire up the usual comments. "Sit down." "No, I don't wanna walk up there to look at it."

"You're not getting another bike."

Foo. Gurlz.

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Everything you've heard about scooter girls is true. How come a girl on a scooter always looks cute?

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA