Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: What I did on my summer kind-of-a-vacation

SCDorman
    Quote Originally Posted by KBasa
    OK, so Joe's the guy with the camera, here?

That is correct.

BTW, excellent pics Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDorman
    That is correct.

BTW, excellent pics Dave.
    Thanks. Rule #1 of photography is zoom in to show the subject clearly.

Different folks have different tolerance levels for close up photos.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

SNC1923
    Kbasa,

You've transported this non-attendee to a cooler place in another time. Hugely entertaining, uniquely subjective, daringly unblinking, stream-of-consciousness, post-modern report.

Quote Originally Posted by SNC 1923
    Kbasa,

You've transported this non-attendee to a cooler place in another time. Hugely entertaining, uniquely subjective, daringly unblinking, stream-of-consciousness, post-modern report.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Tom. Despite all the political BS that's going on and the way we draw a line in the sand over dumb stuff like national politics, left vs. right, creationism vs. evolution and all the other hooey, we're all just riders and we all, every single one of us, enjoy a good rally.

I used to go to rallies and take pictures of bikes. But when I got home, I never really remembered anything about the rally. So I started taking far fewer pictures of bikes and focused on the people. People I knew, people I didn't know, people I could hardly see. It's been a lot more fun that way.

And I'm all about modern, modernists and modernism, which is why I'm probably attracted to BMW bikes.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KBasa
    I'm glad you enjoyed it, Tom. Despite all the political BS that's going on and the way we draw a line in the sand over dumb stuff like national politics, left vs. right, creationism vs. evolution and all the other hooey, we're all just riders and we all, every single one of us, enjoy a good rally.

I used to go to rallies and take pictures of bikes. But when I got home, I never really remembered anything about the rally. So I started taking far fewer pictures of bikes and focused on the people. People I knew, people I didn't know, people I could hardly see. It's been a lot more fun that way.

And I'm all about modern, modernists and modernism, which is why I'm probably attracted to BMW bikes.
    Thanks for the report and kind words, Dave. I am just someone who pitches in when needed, dont make a fuss about it. I had a great time at the rally, probably one of the best times ever, and didnt go to jail.
    It helps to have great folks like you, Woodnsteel, DLilah Boomyr and Redhot to take the heat off me. Then there are folks like Brad, Tina, and Rob to negotiate the prisoner exchange, so we can go home.

I didnt even get my camera out at this rally, I am so ashamed at myself, but I did stay pretty busy, kept hydrated, and almost accomplished my goal of drinking huge amounts of beer with my friends. I came with 5 fifths of various burning liquids, and managed to get them all disposed of in the time I was there.
    I just wish that all the political stuff would go away. If folks knew how sincere you and the others I have gotten to know are, maybe they would be a little easier on those who want to do the best for everyone.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT