Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: R1150RT Black Plastic Washers

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    77

    R1150RT Black Plastic Washers

    Can anyone tell me where I should have put these black plastic washers/spacers while re-installing the transmission?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    04 R1150RT

  2. #2
    . AntonLargiader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    1,377
    I've R&R'd a lot of R1150 transmissions and I have never encountered those, but maybe you disassembled stuff that I don't.
    Anton Largiader 72724
    largiader.com bmwra.org

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by AntonLargiader View Post
    I've R&R'd a lot of R1150 transmissions and I have never encountered those, but maybe you disassembled stuff that I don't.
    Anton, I was not inside the tranny. Had the dealer put in a new input shaft. I was thinking that maybe these are to go where the shock meets the swing arm or stabilizer possibly? Can't find them in parts fiche anywhere.
    04 R1150RT

  4. #4
    Pepperfool GSAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sechelt, British Columbia
    Posts
    1,309
    Quote Originally Posted by AntonLargiader View Post
    I've R&R'd a lot of R1150 transmissions and I have never encountered those, but maybe you disassembled stuff that I don't.
    +1
    '
    Ufda happens..........

    It's all about the details.

  5. #5
    . AntonLargiader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    1,377
    Quote Originally Posted by mhuf View Post
    Anton, I was not inside the tranny. Had the dealer put in a new input shaft. I was thinking that maybe these are to go where the shock meets the swing arm or stabilizer possibly? Can't find them in parts fiche anywhere.
    R&R = Remove and Reinstall. Bike work, not tranny work.

    If they are original, they are from the front end of the Paralever link but they normally stay in place on that bushing. To refit them, the easiest way to get a wrench onto that bolt (if you have already replaced the right foot peg plate) will be to remove the foot brake lever.
    Anton Largiader 72724
    largiader.com bmwra.org

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by AntonLargiader View Post
    R&R = Remove and Reinstall. Bike work, not tranny work.

    If they are original, they are from the front end of the Paralever link but they normally stay in place on that bushing. To refit them, the easiest way to get a wrench onto that bolt (if you have already replaced the right foot peg plate) will be to remove the foot brake lever.
    Thanks Anton. I have not yet installed the final drive so should be easy.
    04 R1150RT

  7. #7
    Registered User texasmule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    23

    Did you happen to remove the gas tank?

    They look like the big rubber washers that go on the gas tank bolts. (Maybe I'm thinking on the K12RS/GTs)

    edit; sorry I just looked up on the fiche, my RT tank attaches the same as the GS.

    Sorry, can't help you.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by texasmule View Post
    They look like the big rubber washers that go on the gas tank bolts. (Maybe I'm thinking on the K12RS/GTs)

    edit; sorry I just looked up on the fiche, my RT tank attaches the same as the GS.

    Sorry, can't help you.
    Thanks for the effort!

    Anton and GSAddict were spot on.... as usual.
    04 R1150RT

  9. #9
    Pepperfool GSAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sechelt, British Columbia
    Posts
    1,309
    Quote Originally Posted by texasmule View Post
    They look like the big rubber washers that go on the gas tank bolts. (Maybe I'm thinking on the K12RS/GTs)

    edit; sorry I just looked up on the fiche, my RT tank attaches the same as the GS.

    Sorry, can't help you.
    You are right! I just pulled the tank on a K1200GT this am and lo and behold the Mystery Washers!
    '
    Ufda happens..........

    It's all about the details.

  10. #10
    . AntonLargiader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    1,377
    The fuel tank washers (R1100S, K12, R1200C, Hexheads) are smaller ID and OD and made of rubber. The plastic discs that go on the front link bushing are quite thin and are hard plastic.
    Anton Largiader 72724
    largiader.com bmwra.org

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •