I have an '05 1200GS. I had the 600 mile service done, now have 2700 miles on the bike. I'm heading to Sturgis sat (approx 400 miles each way). The dealer I bought the bike from can't get me in to do the 3000 mile service (an oil change they say). The other dealer in town can get me in...would you take it in for the change, maybe pissing off my main dealer, or wait until 3700 miles?
One other question...any warranty or other problems with sayin screw both of 'em and doing it myself?