Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Have You Seen The GEICO TV Commercial?

I just like seeing bikes in commercials.

GEICO

FOOD H-D Style

FOOD BMW Style

Sorry for the hijack...return to your rants.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

Quote Originally Posted by mika View Post
    Me too!
    Thanks Mika.
    Mike Marr
    1978 Yamaha XS750 (Needs rings), 1996 BMW R1100RS, 2004 Honda CRF230F

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    In my state, they are always talking about offering local property tax cuts. How do they intend on paying for those tax cuts? Simple........Eliminating the teacher pensions for the young teachers while telling the current retirees (i.e. voters) they'll likely die before the fund is exhausted. Yep, that's fair.

Why shouldn't you pay taxes on the SS and pension benefits? Everybody else pays taxes on income.
    "earned income" vs. income from "pensions & benefits"
    My point is that taxing me in retirement when I have a much lower "income" is at a time when I can least afford it. Many retirees don't have COL to help them either.

My old employer(the KCTCS "tech system" in KY) pays for the perks of big guys & new bldgs. in part via hiring mostly contract teachers with hardly any benefits. I question how you get (as in the right person)someone to leave a good job for a bad one to teach? The retiring guru/pres. of the system is in the news now as getting a golden parachute of ~$400k annually (as payed when working) to "provide assistance as needed" to the new pres! He also gets a $90k annual housing allowance since ~1999 & a $3600 monthly vehicle allowance (it used to be a new Mercedes each year)-this in a state that's poor, meanwhile tuition (the other part of the way they pay for stuff) is piled on the backs of students-many of which are poor & borrowing the money to then earn from low paying entry level jobs in the end.
    back to Geico...
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

Quote Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
    back to Geico...
    I thought that's what this thread was about??
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    I thought that's what this thread was about??
    Yeah, but............Whenever the classic "I want my Cake and eat it too" discussion is offered, it's ever so hard to not to swing away at the big juicy softball as it lazily arcs over the plate......

I apologize for my part of the hijack.
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Don't assume Geico had much input in scripting and designing this commercial.

Just some folks at an advertising agency exercising their stereotypes for the most part, possibly with a quick approval from someone at Geico.

The someones at Geico will be interested mostly in data on numbers of viewers. And sales growth.

These are the folks that think you'll be impressed by an antipodean accent.

Don't overlook the numbers--more than 50% of ALL STREET motorcycle sales in the USA are owned by Harley.
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

Quote Originally Posted by mika View Post
    Finally saw the ad... This was just an art direction decision ... Bikes riding close together fill the screen better.

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    Yeah, but............Whenever the classic "I want my Cake and eat it too" discussion is offered, it's ever so hard to not to swing away at the big juicy softball as it lazily arcs over the plate......

I apologize for my part of the hijack.
    me too............................................ This IS, after all, a place to converse & SOME conversations do wander?

I did see on the news yesterday that Warren Buffetts's bunch owns Geico. He's kind unpopular in parts of my state/KY as they pulled out of the Western KY area where many depended on one of the few garment industry jobs left-Jockey. The administration stays there in Jamestown,KY the rest of it, the mfg. leaves-as it did in my area long ago. They have moved Jockey to Honduras where he can keep raking it ($$$) in (via the Central American Free Trade Agreement) and continue his "legacy"-which was the topic @ hand when I saw him mentioned on the news in regards to the 1.2 billion he's given to a certain group. Avoiding politics...
    On another MC insurance note, I saw a picture in yesterdays (5/13/2014) Lexington-Herald Newspaper of the funeral procession for Randolph Scott, the owner of my MC Insurance agency(Progressive at a great price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) replete with lots of MC's & one of his H-D collection being ridden by a friend behind the hearse. I knew the agent I talked to there was a rider but as I don't live there I was unaware the owner was a MC guy. Now it makes sense to me, that they price the policies nicely, indeed!
    Want a Geico alternative-there ya go!

As a PS to the above rider killed comments- Yesterdays news has the guy that hit & killed Randolph Scot, age 71, charged with 2nd degree manslaughter & a few other items & is a past DUI driver & drug dealer. These MC accidents seem to often have no culprit so here's a heads up on one that's different.
    Last edited by kantuckid; 05-20-2014 at 12:47 PM.
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

OK, this ought to drive y'all nuts...

Not at all Ian...it's got bikes and a Dodge truck!
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    Not at all Ian...it's got bikes and a Dodge truck!

(I want a RAM 2500 4wd with Cummins TurboDiesel)

Cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Having an insurance company interested in anything but keeping retained premiums is an interesting concept
    OM
    Which is why I sent a letter in with my renewal instead of a renewal check.

Their radio spots for motorcycles are worse than the TV ads.

I specifically dropped them after hearing a straight pipe V-twin ad that glorified the loud pipes crowd.

I am with Allstate now.

I do not want to be in the same insurance pool as the "limited knowledge" crowd.
    Jerry Dockery
    309 N. 3rd. Ave.
    Kure Beach, NC 28449
    1996 R1100RT main bike & 1985 K100RS...too fast to believe.

Allstate

. They all do that! (Ad agencies)
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

YouTube listing: Funniest Motorcycle Commercials