Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gaerne classic oiled brown boot waterproof treatment

What's that noise...? basketcase's Avatar
    My main boots are Aerostich CBT's, which is a decent leather boot. I treated them with snoseal when I first got them.

Now, the more I read it seems that unless one plans to ride regularly in torrential rains SnoSeal and the other sealers add up to overkill.

If I had it to do over I'd just keep the CBT's polished with a good leather dressing and not worry about it.
    '98 BMW Z3 Roadster, '00 R1100RT

If you insist on exercising a right to burn our flag, first be so kind as to wrap yourself in it and then douse yourself with gasoline just before you strike the match.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnslow View Post
    Sno Seal. Apply a thin layer, being mindful to coat the stitching well, then use a hair dryer to melt the product, allowing it to penetrate all cracks and thread holes. Works like a charm. It WILL darken the leather.
    A very big & hardy +1 to Sno Seal.

I've used Sno Seal exclusively since the 1970s. Rock solid guaranteed waterproofing. Mostly wax, will not deteriorate threads or seams. One good application lasts at least two weeks of riding. I used it in England & the Isle Of man in August 08. Rained its butt off pretty much the whole time. Feet stayed remarkably [& completely] dry thru 18 days of riding and camping.
    Be The Change You Want To See In The World