Thread: looking for my brother's R69s, 1961

looking for my brother's R69s, 1961

My brother bought a new R69s from the factory in 1961. I told him I would try to find out where it was now. I have a copy of the Original registration and thought I would post it to see if there is anyone out there that might see these numbers... ?? It would be interesting to find it and maybe acquire it again for him.. I'm a R1150R rider and started my riding career on this motorcycle.
    Nr. D 245356, Gultig vom Tag 10, vom monat 5, vom jahr 61; Gultig bis tag 9, bis monat 7, bis jahr 61
    Art u. Fabrikat des Fahrzeugs B BMW R69
    Amil. Kennzeichen oder, falls nicht vorhanden, Nr. des Fahrgest, oder Motors: Fg.-Nr. 655 466
    Nr. des Versicherungscheiness: K 071-0-3055982

Very cool that you have the original factory delivery paperwork. They gave your brother a 2 month registration and, presumably, insurance, from May 10 - July 9, 1961. The bike was #462 in the production of the R69S.

You might want to post this notice over at the Vintage BMW Motorcycle Owners site.

Our forum admin here, Kurt Schrader, maintains a list of bike serial numbers as documented by BMW to current owners. This gives some insight into when a particular serial numbered bike was produced. You can see that list as a PDF attachment on this page:
    http://www.vintagebmw.org/v7/model/r69s
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

My brother's R69S

Darryl, thanks so much for the information.. My brother and I are trying to locate the bike, maybe with a possibility of buying it?? We'll see.. but this is so encouraging.. We will post in the Vintage BMW and look at the PDF... Thanks again. Patrick Johnston 113598