Thread: Coming to Utah

Question Coming to Utah

My Bride and I will be coming to Utah in mid May for a few weeks of riding.......I've done some research on roads to ride , but would like to hear from those in the know.....so how about it.......what are your favorite rides in the Beehive State
    2000 R1100RT
    Niagara BMW Riders #298

BMWMCO #45

drgnhtr

??

Street? Dirt? Interests?

Quote Originally Posted by snookers View Post
    My Bride and I will be coming to Utah in mid May for a few weeks of riding.......I've done some research on roads to ride , but would like to hear from those in the know.....so how about it.......what are your favorite rides in the Beehive State
    Anyplace south of I-70 is great. My personal favorites are the same as almost everyone else's personal favorites: 12 and 24. If you cannot do any other roads in Utah, 12 and 24 will leave you with a wonderful memory that you will never forget and your friends will forever envy.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

It's a good state all over. But probably the best part is the southeast of it. And over there it's all good.
    Get the Butler map.
    dc

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197 bogthebasher's Avatar
    If motels are an option for you I highly recommend spending a night or two in the San Juan Inn (and trading post) in Mexican Hat UT located on a cliff overlooking the river. Charming place to stay and have a nice, relaxing place to chill with homestyle food on site. An excellent jumping off point to many, many interesting areas including Natural Bridges Dark Sky Park, the north entrance to Monument Valley, Muley Point / and the famous Moki Dugway road (gravel), and Goosenecks State Park to name a few. This is my absolute favourite area in the southwest desert.
    Last edited by bogthebasher; 04-13-2014 at 04:27 PM. Reason: typo
    Ken
    [2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blue) - Mine]
    [2007 R1200RT (Sand Biege) - Hers]

Possible extreme cold at higher elevations and heat in the lower areas. I would be ready for both. Carry water and those great Butler maps. Hit some of those National Parks and you won't be disappointed.
    12 R1200 RT
    83 R100 RT