Thread: Pirate's Lair Passenger Backrest - '14 GSW needed for test fit

Pirate's Lair Passenger Backrest - '14 GSW needed for test fit

Hi All,
    I hope this is appropriate in this forum.
    Jerry Finley from Pirate's Lair is working on a removable passenger backrest for the Wethead GS.
    The backrest will work pretty much like his products for the other BMW bikes and some Japanese sport touring bikes.
    A picture of the preliminary design is attached.

He is desperately looking for a local rider (in the Asheville, NC area) to stop by with a /14 GSW for a test fit.
    he promises to "make it worth your while"

Jerry Finley

His post:

"We're at the point now where we can go no further without bolting it to a bike to check bar angle, height, seat adjustment, etc.... At the moment.. this is a problem. We do NOT have access to a bike..
    Have passed out cards at the local BMW dealership asking them to ask any 2014 GS owner to call us if they can help. .. so far.. nothing.. Have asked a rep of the local BMW club for help.. so far nothing. Have posted this request to the Adventure Rider forum.. so far nothing.. Have prayed to Allah.. so far nothing...

If any of you know of a 2014 GS owner who might be willing to stop by our shop (here in Asheville, NC) for about 15 minutes.. we'd be grateful and would make it worth their while... "

Thanks,
    Capt. Picard.wooddummy1.jpg
    "Rumors of my assimilation are greatly exaggerated" - Capt. Picard.

304 Views and no one willing to help?
    He's still without a test fit bike... Thanks for considering.
    "Rumors of my assimilation are greatly exaggerated" - Capt. Picard.

I replied to Pirate's Lair directly, not via the MOA post, but never heard anything back from them. Of course he's asking for a 2014, and I have a 2013 GS, but I thought that wouldn't make any difference since a 2013 model isn't available yet. I live in Charleston, about 3.5 hours away, but wouldn't think anything about making the ride up there at no charge to anyone (some of us just like to ride). Oh well, maybe by now the problem has been resolved. And I still need a backrest for my wife--Pirate's Lair makes a good, dependable product.
    Harold