Thread: Russell Day-Long on F800GS

Russell Day-Long on F800GS

I spent a few minutes looking on the Russell web site and didn't see any photos of an F800GS with one of their seats. I have one on my sidecar rig and I'm considering going with another Russell for the new GS.

Anyone have a Russell on an F800GS? Or suggestion for other aftermarket saddles? My dear wife put a Sargent comfort saddle on her F700GS but doesn't have enough miles to tell if it makes a big difference.
    sgtbill
    Duty First!
    86 K100RS EML
    2007 F800ST & 2014 F800GS & 2014 F700GS

Russell Day-Long

I have a Russell on my F650GS and love it!
    Tom
    Findlay, OH
    F650GS

I have a Russell Day Long on my F700GS. Pricey and worth every penny. Most satisfied.

Mike
    "To be a Virginian either by birth, marriage,adoption, or even on one's mother's side, is an introduction to any state in the Union, a passport to any foreign country, and a benediction from the Almighty God."

How tall are you guys with the RDLS? I had one on my G650GS, which was the upper limit of height for me. (5'8") Wouldn't ride cross country without one, but I think the regular suspension F700GS might be too tall for me with it on it.

SH
    "The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something."
    --Randy Pausch
    (2011 C14 6500m) | (2009 G650GS - 20,135m) | (Suzuki GZ250) | (Honda 250 twin)

Russel Day-Long

Quote Originally Posted by samuelh View Post
    How tall are you guys with the RDLS? I had one on my G650GS, which was the upper limit of height for me. (5'8") Wouldn't ride cross country without one, but I think the regular suspension F700GS might be too tall for me with it on it.

SH
    My inseam is between 31-32 inches. The Russell does raise you some compared to the stock seat, but I'm OK with it. Some might find it too much of a stretch, however I can put up with a bit of a reach at a stop. It's a personal preference thing. I just really like the seat.
    Tom
    Findlay, OH
    F650GS

Since I have an extra stock seat

I guess I will try a Russell Day-Long Saddle... Thanks for the replies.
    sgtbill
    Duty First!
    86 K100RS EML

Quote Originally Posted by sgtbill View Post
    I guess I will try a Russell Day-Long Saddle... Thanks for the replies.
    If you can, post up the results. Other that the wait, all I hear is comfort. Good luck.
    OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

3 June build date

I ordered the Day-Long saddle last night. I tried to order over the last weekend but attaching my photos made the online former fail so I did an online order and sent the photos separately in my reply to the email notification. I'll ship the stock seat from my F800GS to Russell and use the stock seat from Karla's F700GS until the seat comes. Karla has a Sargent seat for hers so we have an extra stock seat to use.

The estimate is a 10 day build cycle for the saddle so I should have the seat back and broke in in time for the ride to the National in July.
    sgtbill
    Duty First!
    86 K100RS EML