Thread: Navigator V Cradle connections - 2009 R1200RT

Navigator V Cradle connections - 2009 R1200RT

I recently picked up a new Navigator V w/ cradle and just spent the evening attaching it to my 2009 RT via Wunderlich GPS mount. I found the power connection easily enough but I cant find where the second connector plugs in to allow it to give direction through the speakers. I tore the dash down and pulled the speakers out looking for that connection but I wondering if its even there on an 09 with stereo? Does anyone have a picture or a general location for the audio lead?

My 2010 RT will use the speakers if I turn the radio on. I have a Nav IV which is about the same as V when it comes to the connections. Mine was wired when I got it. I had to look at my bike to see where the wire from the mount goes. Mine goes into a bunch of wires below the key. Mine has a plug and is plugged in, I do not see separate connections for power and sound.
    Pete
    2010 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by 56223 View Post
    My 2010 RT will use the speakers if I turn the radio on. I have a Nav IV which is about the same as V when it comes to the connections. Mine was wired when I got it. I had to look at my bike to see where the wire from the mount goes. Mine goes into a bunch of wires below the key. Mine has a plug and is plugged in, I do not see separate connections for power and sound.
    I could not find it, but mine is an 09. The Nav V has a cable that splits into 2 plugs, the standard 3 pin power plug and a 2 pin plug that is supposed to plug into the audio system so I can get direction prompts out the speakers.

I called my local dealer yesterday and they said Im not going to find it because its not there. I plan to use bluetooth for the most part but I just wanted to connect it if it was available.