Thread: I bought my 2014 G650 GS today!

I bought my 2014 G650 GS today!

Hello All. I am now the proud owner of a new G650 GS. Manufactured just two months ago. Thank you for answering my questions in the past, and I know I will have more in the near future.

Congratulations on your new ride. Be safe!

Good luck! There is a spot in this forum for pictures
    OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Good luck! There is a spot in this forum for pictures
    OM
    Thank you! I will post picture soon after it is delivered to me. It just arrived to the dealer last week, and after taking the advise here from others on a previous posting I made, I am having the center stand installed. I also found it interesting to learn the bikes come into the dealers from the factory with no or very few miles on the odometer. The dealers are required to test the bikes to verify the bikes are ready to go. It should have 15 miles on it or less when I get it. Have others had similar experiences?
    Last edited by Illiya; 03-23-2014 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Grammar

see you @ f650? -also head for the G650GS thread on ADV under Thumpers(if farkles are in the picture take the time to search there as much information to be had, in spite of many pages to go through) for the G650GS-lots of good people/info over in those forums-Thumpers here is sadly a no action, ghost town on this forum.
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

Registered User Rob.rautenstrauch's Avatar

Congrats!

Congrats on the new ride! Post a picture when you can. I'm pondering a new G650 as well. I have had my current 650GS for 9 years. They are great bikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Illiya View Post
    Thank you! I will post picture soon after it is delivered to me. It just arrived to the dealer last week, and after taking the advise here from others on a previous posting I made, I am having the center stand installed.
    Great! You will most likely realize the addition of the center-stand is a good choice sooner rather than later.
    I also found it interesting to learn the bikes come into the dealers from the factory with no or very few miles on the odometer. The dealers are required to test the bikes to verify the bikes are ready to go. It should have less than 15 miles on it or less when I get it. Have others had similar experiences?
    They are probably in the 10ths on the odometer when they arrive and will get a few miles on the test drive. I have never worried about a few miles "used up" in an effort to supply me with a bike that was "ready to run". Some people, from what I'm told, get a bit wound over seeing their bike with a few miles on it. I bought a Suzuki one time and it came with the 10ths that it received from being rolled around when in fact, if they dealership had taken it for a ride, they would have realized the crazy surging and fixed it- before I took it home.
    Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Quote Originally Posted by Rob.rautenstrauch View Post
    Congrats on the new ride! Post a picture when you can. I'm pondering a new G650 as well. I have had my current 650GS for 9 years. They are great bikes!
    I guess I'm envious of anyone that enjoys their G650, I've put a lot of money into mine trying to make it more comfortable. Just riding the 30 miles to work feels like I've been on the bike all day! I'll be selling it as soon as I can find a buyer.

Registered User Rob.rautenstrauch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wdt650 View Post
    I guess I'm envious of anyone that enjoys their G650, I've put a lot of money into mine trying to make it more comfortable. Just riding the 30 miles to work feels like I've been on the bike all day! I'll be selling it as soon as I can find a buyer.
    It took a while to get it set up so I was more comfortable. The biggest helper for me was to get an AirHawk. If you don't modify the bike to fit you, then yes it is a very uncomfortable bike. Sorry to hear you're selling yours. What year, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob.rautenstrauch View Post
    It took a while to get it set up so I was more comfortable. The biggest helper for me was to get an AirHawk. If you don't modify the bike to fit you, then yes it is a very uncomfortable bike. Sorry to hear you're selling yours. What year, etc?
    I tried the Airhawk, didn't help. That's when I ponied up for the Saddleman Adventure seat. It's a little better but still not as comfortable as I would like.
    The bike is a 2012, it's listed on Craigslist Sacramento.