Thread: BMW Getaway at Fontana

BMW Getaway at Fontana

I'm not much of a rally-goer or group-mingler but thought what the heck, I'll give this a try. Is anyone here going? Wife and I will be truck camping at the resort campground. Plan to arrive on Friday; may get some riding in that afternoon, then will ride all day Saturday and Sunday, and heading for home on Monday. I've never ridden in that area before so I'm looking forward to this. We'll be on an Orient Blue '03 K1200 GT.
    txmxrider
    2004 KTM 300 EXC
    1999 BMW R1100S
    2003 BMW K1200GT

Cal
    Wife and I will be camping.
    Cal Garcia
    Suches, GA

Julie and I will be arriving early Friday. Looking forward to seeing everyone. I hope the new friends we made last year will be back this year. As Cal will tell you, there is unlimited riding in the area.
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw), Black '02 K12RS (157K)

There is more than enough good road in that part of the world to keep you occupied for weeks, at least.

But be aware that the date for this event is 2-3 weeks before prime time spring weather in the mountains which is mid May. Also, this year has been colder, longer which, if it continues, will increase the chance of cold wet weather. Especially in the early spring, one can run into a weather change just around any one of those mountains- its not rare to ride in/out of rain 3 times a day or more that time of year.

Am expecting to be in the vicinity that weekend but at a different event

Cal
    Yes to all of the above it could also snow. Old timers up here say winter is not over 'til May 15th. Just bring good gear, electrics and something warm for the evening around a campfire. I prefer Ron del Barrilito.
    Cal Garcia
    Suches, GA

Well if it rains I'll be riding solo and the wife will be in the lounge. And if it snows we'll *both* be in the lounge knockin' em back!

Looking forward to meeting everyone.
    txmxrider
    2004 KTM 300 EXC
    1999 BMW R1100S
    2003 BMW K1200GT

Hope everyone had a good time and made it back home safe and sound. Wife and I got in two full days of great riding and had a blast. The weather was awesome both days. Met a lot of interesting people and got to talk to some of the folks that I've been following online and in the ON magazine for years.

Now I've got to slap on another set of tires and head to the Georgia Mtn Rally this weekend!
    txmxrider
    2004 KTM 300 EXC
    1999 BMW R1100S
    2003 BMW K1200GT

Thanks to everyone that attended our "Funtana" getaway this past weekend. After getting a little rain out of the way on Friday we had an awesome day of riding on Saturday as well as a great day Sunday when reluctantly we had to head home. It was great to see all the returning members as well as a whole bunch of folks there and in the area for the first time!

We have more Weekend Getaways coming up later in the year so stay tuned for all the details and book early to insure you get your spot!
    Vance Harrelson
    MOA Ambassador/ Director
    R1200GSA - G450X - G650GS Sertao
    "Always Remember, Whatever You Believe, You Might Be Wrong" - Paul Thorn