Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 93 k75s - steering bearings

I got some information regarding my choice of Moly 60 paste may not have the best.
    1993 K75S Mystic Red Pearl

[QUOTE=ghyber;929848
    I purchased the Steering Head Bearing Puller set from Dan Neiner from Cycle Works to assist with the job. The bearing puller works great, so does the race extractor. I would recommend a bearing & seal driver set similar to what is sold at Harbour Freight. I tell you, if I was living in the USA, I would have a subscription to the place. I ended up driving the bearing races using the old race, an extra wide washer and a good ole hammer.

Ghyber[/QUOTE]

Or a Dremel to notch the old race, it snaps right off. Then using a heat gun on the hearings and freezing the shaft it will drop right on. This is all I needed....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1987 K75S
    Original litter
    Original owner
    2012 Ural Gear Up

Quote Originally Posted by ghyber View Post
    I got some information regarding my choice of Moly 60 paste may not have the best.
    I took the whole thing apart again and after one full can of brake cleaner, the Honda Moly 60 paste is history from both top and bottom bearings. My steering bearings are now lubricated with the approved BMW Kluberplex BEM 34-132. There, now I feel better...
    1993 K75S Mystic Red Pearl

K100 Steering wobble fixed

I replaced my '85K100RS steering bearings to fix some wobble. The new bearings did not eliminate the wobble until I sufficiently tightened the knurled giant nut on top. I figured out that some giant channel lock #215 special pipe pliers let me tighten it with the tank on, triple clamp screws loose, of course, so the clamps can become a tiny bit closer.