Thread: R1100R- Scrambler

R1100R- Scrambler

H got an email from Hornig a few days ago..."I want this done to my 1100" was heard in my right ear

I like the look...and she may have a hard time getting me off of it Just what I need...another project

bmw-scrambler-2k.jpg

Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Left Coast Rider
    I like that adjustable baffle! Not really fond of the look, though. To me it looks unfinished from the back of the seat to the (lack of) tail light. But that's just my opinion. I do like the gauge clean-up, though. And nice effort on the front fender. I'll give it a

The site claims a LED taillight somewhere. To get an state inspection sticker here, it will need blinkers most likely as well. I like the old style high rear fender...needs some mud in there

I wish we had those adjustable baffles back in the "old" days... something called Snuff-or-nots were the manual version on some scrambler pipes

a few Airhead Scramblers...check out the large license plate on the first one

McQueen4 scrambler.jpg03_06_2013_hook_motors_bmw_R65_scrambler_05.jpg
    Steve Henson
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

You can do better in color selection. The brown seat seems out of place. Is it a kit or do you have to piece it together?
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

they say a "kit" but they just mention part numbers. Not crazy about the brown saddle either.
    Steve Henson

Close but not quite what I'm planning

My "Scrambled Bob" project is based on an R 850R that was headed for the great parts bin on E-bay until I got it running, fixed the bent front end and became attached.

By the way it is a nice bike but a little to store bought for me. What I mean by that is it looks like most of the modifications are either mail order or bike speed shop stuff which by the way is good but not the direction I am going with my little money pit.

Spokes are a very nice touch and I like the chopped rear sub frame. Why keep the cheesy and tacky handle bars? I could go on but instead I'll get busy on my latest new mistress and hopefully learn how to take and post pictures.

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    I like the old style high rear fender...needs some mud in there
    Similar to the black scrambler, add 3-4 inches onto the kit fender. Change the saddle to something less "front-heavy" looking (and change the colour) and you'll have something that I wouldn't mind being around.

Disclaimer: The opinions voiced by BC1100S are not necessarily those based on good taste or functionality. Or they might be.