Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 Rally!

Hybrid View

2007 Rally!

Ha..Ha...I knew that headline would get people's attention!

Since MOA released the location of the 2006 rally early, any ideas on when we get the location of the 2007 rally??
    "During Prohibition I survived on nothing but food and water." - W.C. Fields

Alaska or Las Vegas

Colorado

If it's going to be hot we might as well have it in Arkansas and at least enjoy the Ouachita Mountains our Ozark hills. Great riding in either area and the national has never been in Ar..

Buzzed and Belligerent gambrinus's Avatar

Co / Wy

Anyplace in the rockies would be a good choice, especially if it is to be held during the hot month of July. Denver has been COOKING this summer, with temps up to 100F later today. The trick is to get UP into the mtns someplace. Ski resort perhaps?? We all know of the requirements, I just hope that a nice spot with some good riding around the area is found.

I mentioned WY because each year the city of Cheyenne puts on "Frontier Days" which attracts WAY more folks than our little rally.. facitlites are what was in Spokane, but bigger. Just a thought.

RW

We're still finalizing arrangements with the site, so we can't announce yet.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Quote Originally Posted by gambrinus
    I mentioned WY because each year the city of Cheyenne puts on "Frontier Days" which attracts WAY more folks than our little rally.. facitlites are what was in Spokane, but bigger. Just a thought.

RW
    Not a lot of good twisty roads around Cheyenne, pretty dull. I used to love the Steamboat bike week back in the 1980's and 90's, steamboat would get my vote!

Bob

DZIMBRIC
    Quote Originally Posted by barryg
    If it's going to be hot we might as well have it in Arkansas and at least enjoy the Ouachita Mountains our Ozark hills. Great riding in either area and the national has never been in Ar..

We can camp in the Wal-Mart

Or...

We could have it where you can only get there with two wheels.
    No RV's, no trailers, just riders.
    (Oh boy am I going to get it for this one)
    RS Rennsport, Whiplash Motorsport Group
    AHRMA # 59R

Unregistered
    California

Nova Scotia would be grand...

The boys in Texas say, "Where's that?"

BFF
    Black Fly BMW Riders
    The (now) Legendary Motorcyclists of New England

Yankee Beemers

cadillacranch
    How about Vancouver, B.C.? Windy roads, Beautiful Mountains, Whistler.......

Unregistered

'07 Rally in Crawford, Texas

We have been invited by George & Laura Bush to camp on their ranch in Crawford, Texas for the next BMW national rally. You do not have to be a Republican, but Cindy Sheehan could be your tent neighbor!

mikeonbmwk12rs

Smile

I thing Kalispell, Mt. would be a great place. It has all the requirements with many places to see before and after the rally. You can even go in to Canada through Glacier National Park via Going to the Sun Hiway (Logan Pass). to elevations up to 10,000 ft. Fresh Mountain Huckleberry Milk Shakes, yummm! Back road Glacier Park rides too. Huge Flathead Lake (28 miles long) located from Kalispell to Polson. Great riding through Swan Valley. View wildlife throughout the area, great scenery and waterfalls, did I mention GREAT RIDING? Great weather in July too. Been there many times and keep loving to go back. Let's do this!!! By the way it's also less than 500 miles to Yellowstone Nal. Park for all those who are retired or have alot of time on our hands.

Cool Where in 2007

MY choices are anywhere in the Rockies. From Jasper, Alberta to New Mexico. Seems that July weather would be conducive to a great time!

Mark Baker
    2000 R1150GS
    Langley, WA