Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Classic Bavarian Bagger

Yeah, Fluffy and I were just discussin that. I think one of the 'fixed' spots from the '90 resto has a new crack.

Not much meat down there considering what gets hung on it, especially if you ride two-up; my wife is short and always used the passenger pegs as boarding steps.
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

I'm a little depressed; had plans to start bead blasting with the home put togather blaster. Just to wet and damp out for that. Need to clean the garage, but I gotta pull a lot of stuff out and it's just to wet outside for that. May go out and search for lost parts. June monsoons bring July mosquito's. I know, it ain't rhyming. Dang skeeters. I usually really cuss when I mention those blood terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by lmo1131 View Post
    Not much meat down there considering what gets hung on it, especially if you ride two-up; my wife is short and always used the passenger pegs as boarding steps.
    That little area is an anoyance. Not much to it and all of them crack thru. Fixxed several thru the years on other twins. Kinda like the secret handshake. When you know about that crack it tells me you know your airheads.

Bead Blast 80 Grit

Used the total loss bead blast system. Pretty good. Went thru 25 lbs., and got the swingarm, subframe and maybe a fourth of the main frame done. Gotta get some more media.

Picture 062.jpg
    The total loss bead blast stuff. 20 lbs 80 grit media, used in connection to a 60 gallon 6 hp air compressor. Worked pretty good. I also used razor blades, box knife, and cordless drill motors with wire brushes. It all removed some of the paint. Kinda sad after using state of the art equipment. But the end result is to get to a quality redone motorcycle. Going to get back at it. Ron is looking into getting the frame stripped at a shop for a reasonable price. Will most likely use the total loss setup on some smaller pieces.

Picture 065.jpg
    Got some more bead and finished the frame. Glad that's done. Nasty, dirty work. Time to crack open a bottle of wine. Century Farm. Heritage Red. Um Um. Fruity Nose, Pleasant on the Pallet. Is 2014 a good year? My tongue says YES.

Was running outta blast bead media. Swept up the blast media, filtered and reused. Ya do what ya gotta do.

Picture 072.jpg
    Did ok on the ears, the head light bucket was tough. My buddy Leo will finish it in a pressureized bead blast cabinet. Thx. I've had enough of that nasty business.