Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: SS1000 FROM St Paul and back.

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Western New York State
    Posts
    131

    SS1000 FROM St Paul and back.

    Seems I remember last year a SS1000 starting "FROM" Salem and back. I'm wondering if something like that will happen this year in St. Paul. I know it's early but I'm getting "Cabin Fever".

  2. #2
    X-Mileage tabulator R1100rtp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    799
    Quote Originally Posted by 1der View Post
    Seems I remember last year a SS1000 starting "FROM" Salem and back. I'm wondering if something like that will happen this year in St. Paul. I know it's early but I'm getting "Cabin Fever".
    Contacted Mike Kneebone....no success....will try again!
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

    Karol Patzer, Ambassador, 2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair
    Visit St. Paul July 24-27, 2014

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Western New York State
    Posts
    131
    If a SS1000 was possible from and returning to the rally site, one nice point of interest included would be the head waters of the Mississippi at Lake Itasca. I'm sure there are more. I think this is going to be a great area for the National. Can't wait.

  4. #4
    Registered User super8mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Posts
    80
    I am playing with doing a SS1000 going up, it is 987 miles from my drive to the gate there, I need to contact the Kansas Turnpike authority and see what information their cash receipts have on them because if they carry a location and time I can get off at one exit and get on the other side and back track 15 or 20 miles and do a off and back on and just keep slabing it north.

  5. #5
    Registered User _Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Kitchener, ON
    Posts
    18

    Ss1000

    Quote Originally Posted by 1der View Post
    Seems I remember last year a SS1000 starting "FROM" Salem and back. I'm wondering if something like that will happen this year in St. Paul. I know it's early but I'm getting "Cabin Fever".
    Mike, it's not cabin fever ... it's PMS (parked motorcycle syndrome)

    Mark

    A conclusion is pretty much the place where you got tired of thinking ...
    2000 R1100RT
    IBA #46320

  6. #6
    X-Mileage tabulator R1100rtp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    799

    Ss1k

    Good news!! Just talked to Mike Kneebone from the IBA, and there WILL be a SS1k for the Rally

    Details will follow.
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

    Karol Patzer, Ambassador, 2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair
    Visit St. Paul July 24-27, 2014

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Western New York State
    Posts
    131
    That's good news, looking forward to see what it will be. Thanks

  8. #8
    Registered User _Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Kitchener, ON
    Posts
    18

    Rides are posted

    The IBA website http://www.ironbutt.com/moa/ has a variety of start locations for Saddle Sore rides ending in St Paul and an option that starts and finishes at the rally.

    Mark

    A conclusion is pretty much the place where you got tired of thinking ...
    2000 R1100RT
    IBA #46320

  9. #9
    X-Mileage tabulator R1100rtp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    799
    Quote Originally Posted by _Mark View Post
    The IBA website http://www.ironbutt.com/moa/ has a variety of start locations for Saddle Sore rides ending in St Paul and an option that starts and finishes at the rally.

    Mark
    Thanks for the heads' up, Mark.....you beat me to it...Great logo
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

    Karol Patzer, Ambassador, 2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair
    Visit St. Paul July 24-27, 2014

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Western New York State
    Posts
    131
    Midwest Madness 1000 is going to be a great SS1000. I have a question. To document this ride you need receipts from
    1. International Falls
    2. Grand Forks, ND
    3. Sioux Falls, SD
    The IBA description also mentioned "The Head Waters of The Mississippi" is that a stop that HAS to be documented or is that JUST a stop on the side you can make as long as your in the area?
    Just wondering.
    1der

  11. #11
    X-Mileage tabulator R1100rtp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    799
    Quote Originally Posted by 1der View Post
    Midwest Madness 1000 is going to be a great SS1000. I have a question. To document this ride you need receipts from
    1. International Falls
    2. Grand Forks, ND
    3. Sioux Falls, SD
    The IBA description also mentioned "The Head Waters of The Mississippi" is that a stop that HAS to be documented or is that JUST a stop on the side you can make as long as your in the area?
    Just wondering.
    1der
    Soooo....who's doin' it?
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

    Karol Patzer, Ambassador, 2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair
    Visit St. Paul July 24-27, 2014

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Western New York State
    Posts
    131
    1der and Mark plan on it.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Western New York State
    Posts
    131
    Have I missed something???? Haven't seen any updates or new info for a SS1000 to the rally or the Midwest Madness 1000. Just 1dering.

  14. #14
    Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197 bogthebasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    878
    Quote Originally Posted by 1der View Post
    Have I missed something???? Haven't seen any updates or new info for a SS1000 to the rally or the Midwest Madness 1000. Just 1dering.
    The 2014 St. Paul BMW MOA International Rally SS1000 routes are posted here: http://www.ironbutt.com/moa/
    Last edited by bogthebasher; 06-22-2014 at 02:02 AM. Reason: typo
    Ken
    [2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blue) - Mine]
    [2007 R1200RT (Sand Biege) - Hers]

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Western New York State
    Posts
    131
    Yes, those have been posted for several months. There were to be special instructions for Midwest Madness. Special points that you would have to go to. Example- head waters of the Mississippi etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •