Thread: New to the Forum-Keith Hamilton-SLO, Calif.

New to the Forum-Keith Hamilton-SLO, Calif.

Hi all--been on BMW's for about 25 years--first was K-100 to get my 100,000 mile pin. Then, three or four K-75's, which have been my favorites. Great all around bike. I am 75 (last Sept 7th) and still riding, although not as much as I would like--still working so not as much time as I would like. Have two Honda scooters, one Yamaha Venture and one '87 K-75 now with only 15,000 on it!
    Ride on and be safe! Keith

Welcome to the forum Keith, you will find a lot of useful information here.

Thanks for being a member!
    Ambassador BMW MOA Ontario Canada
    President Niagara BMW Riders #298
    Knights of the Roundel #333
    1977 R100RS, (Retired) 1993 R100GS (just getting started)

TravelsWithBarley.com
    You're in a lovely part of CA. South of Santa Barbara, meh. But from the Seven Sisters north is awesome. I went to undergrad in SLO. I well remember (except for the name) a greasy spoon on the water in Morro Bay where I enjoyed many a hearty breakfast of coffee and saturated fat!

Welcome aboard!
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

Welcome aboard! I am quite familiar with SLO, had an account and then friend there, and have a step son in Arroyo Grande. I'm also 75 (last Dec) and started on BMW in the late 60s (R69S and then 75/5). Was off for a while while raising a family all and all that sort of fun. When I moved up here, had to get back on, could not stand riding these roads on 4 wheels! I going to try to pan a trip through SLO in the spring to visit a granddaughter at UCSB. Love riding the coast!

Lkarl KJ6OCL / 2000, R1200C

Welcome. Former 4 year resident of SLO here too.

Love to ride from my home, over to Morro Bay, up to Phil's Fish Market, then home. Great round trip.

Figure out how to put your name in the .SIG, come up with a nifty screen name & you will blend in with the locals!
    John.

I love SLO. Used to go there all the time to visit a friend. 499 miles from my house to SLO. I would leave at 0600 and be in the hotel hot tub by 1530. Moes BBQ and an Irish pub not far from there where I'd hoist a few pints. Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by 47057 View Post
    Hi all--been on BMW's for about 25 years--first was K-100 to get my 100,000 mile pin. Then, three or four K-75's, which have been my favorites. Great all around bike. I am 75 (last Sept 7th) and still riding, although not as much as I would like--still working so not as much time as I would like. Have two Honda scooters, one Yamaha Venture and one '87 K-75 now with only 15,000 on it!
    Ride on and be safe! Keith
    Keith,

Welcome to the forum! You may qualify for a complimentary Life Membership. With your member number, I am guessing you have 25 years of membership. And, if you are 75, you have hit the magic numbers. Let me know if you are interested!

Ted
    Ted Moyer
    '09 G450X, '06 R1200RT, '78 R100RS Motosport, '76 CB400F, '72 XL250, '83 RZ350
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure