Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Still Riding?

Still Riding?

Anybody still riding? I'm in eastern Pa. so it has been a rough year to say the least. I usually try to ride all year but way to much snow this year. They put so much salt and cinders on the road I hesitate to ride even when there is no snow on the roads. Going to be awhile I'm afraid. I used to ride through the salt and cinders and wash the bike afterword. Hands would be burning, water freezing on the bike, no more of that. I have access to but don't own a car this year has been rough.
    R 1200GSA/Triumph T-100

This has just been one of those old time winters and the salt and sand has been keeping me off of the bike. Its been a good break to be honest and might give me the spark to ride more come Spring (in 39 days if you're counting).

Meanwhile I've been enjoying the ski slopes, ice fishing , a couple of snow mobile trips with friends, and working on the bike.

We usually get enough rain to clear the crud off of the roads, and i dont usually stop riding, but it just hasn't happened this year. I guess we were due.
    Ride Safe,
    Bob
    '12 R1200RT

We are riding here, it is 76F today, 81F Thursday. I'll stop late May or June. Then start again night riding in late August or September.
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog

yeah, too much trouble to clean off the car. Not the K though, haven't figured out how to keep 2 wheels upright in the white stuff
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1987 K75S
    Original litter
    Original owner
    2012 Ural Gear Up

Quote Originally Posted by 35634 View Post
    yeah, too much trouble to clean off the car. Not the K though, haven't figured out how to keep 2 wheels upright in the white stuff
    I used to have one of those, I guess I should've kept it for winter riding.
    R 1200GSA/Triumph T-100

Quote Originally Posted by AZ-J View Post
    We are riding here, it is 76F today, 81F Thursday. I'll stop late May or June. Then start again night riding in late August or September.
    I'm jealous, that sounds like perfect weather!
    R 1200GSA/Triumph T-100

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher View Post
    I'm jealous, that sounds like perfect weather!
    I've had more fun with the Ural than since I got my first Honda back in the 70's.
    1987 K75S
    Original litter
    Original owner
    2012 Ural Gear Up

Quote Originally Posted by AZ-J View Post
    That's pretty much our weather here in the Texas Big Bend. We have been riding fairly regularly. But we doin't stop for the summer. We just go north: NM, CO, WY, MT, ID, BC, WA, then back southward, generally in that order for mid May through mid Sept.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

December 28th was the last day for me. Both bikes are in the garage, the little heater working overtime to keep temp hovering around 35 degree. The weather folks are projecting a warm up coming next week. I hope they are right.
    Safety Committee
    Frog Bayou Boys
    '91 R100GS
    '09 G650GS

That Ural looks pretty cool, love the whole shark tooth deal you have going on there!
    Ride Safe,
    Bob
    '12 R1200RT

It looks like the paint job on a p-40 warhawk.
    John Simonds
    2008 R 1200 GSA
    1975 850 Norton Roadster
    If it ain"t broke... fix it till it is.

Still ridin' here in VA. I do prefer the winter over the hot, nasty summer...

Still Riding?

No riding anything parked in the garage other than a tractor with the 44 inch snowblower that is getting quite a workout so far.

Quote Originally Posted by stagewex View Post
    No riding anything parked in the garage other than a tractor with the 44 inch snowblower that is getting quite a workout so far.
    Yeah, the snow has been obscene this winter. I have to get a snowblower, of course when I do it wont snow for two years. My riding all year round has gone out the window this year. More snow tonight.
    R 1200GSA/Triumph T-100

Still riden here in east tnn, in fact i test rode the rt down to fla an back. 28dgs when i left out on the 7th, got back on the 15th. crazy road conditions on the way back, i came back I 95 to 26 through columbia sc to ashevill nc. friken skating rink from ashevill to johnson city, i knew i might be in trouble when i passed a bright neon sign saying trucks must chain up. ive been 2 days washing the salt off the bike. the rt is without question a very impressive touring machaine, 02 1150.
    The pursuit of reality at all cost.