Thread: K1600GTL CB, Fuse Block/PDM60

K1600GTL CB, Fuse Block/PDM60

Thinking about adding a CB (probably J&M) any hang ups or problems during the installation? Also with very little room under the seat (compared to the 2011RT) where did you place the fuse block/PDM60.
    Jack Watson
    BMWMOA #125089
    2014 K1600GTL
    2013 C650GT

Quote Originally Posted by jacko View Post
    Thinking about adding a CB (probably J&M) any hang ups or problems during the installation? Also with very little room under the seat (compared to the 2011RT) where did you place the fuse block/PDM60.
    I installed the Fuse Block under the right side panel next to the seat. I used Velcro to hold it in place. When the panel is reinstalled, you don't know it is there.
    DSC00106.JPG

Bill

It looks tight, but the PDM60 fits fine just behing the battery. I have a ground block, flasher module, and Isolator module installed there too....
    NoVA
    '12 K1600GT

The only cautions when adding a J&M CB are, 1; hook-up the power to a permanently hot and then the trip wire to a separate circuit. Do NOT hook up both wires to a PDM60 just the trip wire. 2; use a different antenna, I have a 3ft K40 that works great. The J&M antenna mount fro the K1600 works well. Also double check all your antenna grounds.

Remember the PDM60 is completely waterproof, so where you see fit is the place.
    Business comes first, riding comes always. One puts bread on the table, the other eats all the bread. Oh well, I'm riding happy!
    Go-Karts 'R' us | Power-Sports Forum