Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Rollin' by THE GREAT RIVER ROAD to the MOA RALLY... Join the Ride!

Crossroads ....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 R1200 GSA (My Radio Flyer)
    75 R90/6 with Velorex sidecar

" Oh Lord I pray, Let me live long enough to do everything they say I've done"

Quote Originally Posted by alabeemer View Post
    We need some hosts to help coordinate this event along the river. It is not hard and we'll help you! If you live in or near any of the areas listed above and would like to help riders headed up the river (not up the creek...up the river!), let Norwood know at the email listed above!

Questions??? Let us know! This will be a great opportunity to meet some new riders and have blast riding to the rally!

Reelfoot Lake TN. area: Sunday July 20. Lunch host, suggestion and arrange for lunch location.

Don & Vance,
    I can surely host a lunch at Reelfoot Lake, Boyette's if this rides still going to happen. Let me know?
    Actually, I would be happy to lead a ride along the Mississippi River Trail (MRT) along the TN side, if anybody wants to?
    Ride Safe,
    Robert
    Last edited by CaptRehkopf; 05-30-2014 at 10:20 PM.
    Ride Safe,
    Robert Rehkopf

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRehkopf View Post
    Reelfoot Lake TN. area: Sunday July 20. Lunch host, suggestion and arrange for lunch location.

Don & Vance,
    I can surely host a lunch at Reelfoot Lake, Boyette's if this rides still going to happen. Let me know?
    Actually, I would be happy to lead a ride along the Mississippi River Trail (MRT) along the TN side, if anybody wants to?
    Ride Safe,
    Robert

I changed the concept....there wasn't enough interest for organized places to meet of dinner or lunch.....therefore I put the information you and others furnished along with my routes and POI/Waypoints. There riders can choose to ride the whole River Road, parts of it or pick a few places along the way...

Thanks for your offer and I am sure there will many riders going to and from the rally with find the Great River Road, one of American's unique byways with so much history and of course great riding.

A Couple of Kings

Stop off downtown on Riverside Dr. and get your picture taken with the King of R&R or BB King at the Tennnessee Welcome in Memphis.

Putting up the GPX files for waypoints / POIs this forum will only allow three at a time..
    Attached Files Attached Files

GREAT set of pictures!
    Ride Safe,
    Robert
    Ride Safe,
    Robert Rehkopf

View from Pike's Peak State Park....on the Mississippi River, great views of the mighty Mississippi River..... enroute to MOA St Paul.

SEE-THROUGH-BRIDGES, OR Grated bridges....just careful if raining or hold on to your camera.

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Quick question: If you were following the river from St Paul to Prairie du Chien, which side of the river would be more scenic, less crowded, etc?
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

Quote Originally Posted by glenfiddich View Post
    Quick question: If you were following the river from St Paul to Prairie du Chien, which side of the river would be more scenic, less crowded, etc?
    This section is really nice and scenic.... However you are afforded several crossing in this section.

I liked Hwy 35 East side from Hastings to about Red Wing and then crossed to West side on 61 down to Winona. Hwy 61 on West side to La Crosse...61 crosses to East side and then South on 61.

Hopefully some of the locals to the area will chime in with their options.... have a great ride and rally...

Having too much fun!!!

These group enjoying some levee ridings ,hugging the river from my zoomed in view in Spotwalla... but I think they where lost and I told them to throw a cork in the river and then travel in the opposite direction...

Quote Originally Posted by Norwood View Post
    This section is really nice and scenic.... However you are afforded several crossing in this section.

I liked Hwy 35 East side from Hastings to about Red Wing and then crossed to West side on 61 down to Winona. Hwy 61 on West side to La Crosse...61 crosses to East side and then South on 61.

Hopefully some of the locals to the area will chime in with their options.... have a great ride and rally...
    I like the Wisconsin side from Prescott until the Winona crossing. Then ride along the MN side until 14 crosses back over into La Crosse.
    Steve