Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Remus exhaust

No longer a member here
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnert View Post
    . On the other hand, Remus headers remove the cat and increase flow, e.g. advertised 20 lbft increase in torque which you can feel. ...
    I would be curious to know, where you feel that? Having played with a plethora of bikes and power manipulations that were confirmed (or not) on a dynamometer, I have yet to be able to feel something like a 16% peak torque increase, especially when it is from 119 to 139 lbft at somewhere around 4,000 rpm. I could feel 20 lbft torque increase on my Harley EVO, but that was from 60 to 82 lbft at 2,000 rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnert View Post
    Tangible benefit of Remus cans is weight savings. Intangible is noise and appearance. On the other hand, Remus headers remove the cat and increase flow, e.g. advertised 20 lbft increase in torque which you can feel. I went with the headers and had the stock cans powder coated black...
    Thanks. That was the answer I needed.
    JerryAttrick
    2013 K1600GTL, "Siegfried"
    But Mom, I've never found "well enough".

Quote Originally Posted by EMSimon View Post
    I would be curious to know, where you feel that? Having played with a plethora of bikes and power manipulations that were confirmed (or not) on a dynamometer, I have yet to be able to feel something like a 16% peak torque increase, especially when it is from 119 to 139 lbft at somewhere around 4,000 rpm. I could feel 20 lbft torque increase on my Harley EVO, but that was from 60 to 82 lbft at 2,000 rpm.
    I'm about 250lbs and often tour with my wife/luggage. The power at about 5k is much more pronounced with the Remus headers. If you're running "light", e.g. just a rider at 180 lbs, no luggage, etc, then you may not feel much difference. But when you're carrying the weight I am you do. I ride pretty hard ALL the time and with the headers don't have to drop a gear in the mid-range like I use to. The last custom bagger I built had an S&S 124" Twincam, crate motor. It initially dyno'ed at 130 lbft torque. I had the heads ported/flowed and switched to Woods cams. Subsequent dyno was just under 150 lbft. I really felt that! To me, 10% or > torque is very noticeable.
    NoVA
    '12 K1600GT