Thread: New Rear View - R1200RT

Ozzie Flyer

New Rear View - R1200RT

Having had someone run up the back of me on an earlier RT, I have been keen to make myself more obvious. Along with Hyperlights the tape shown below has helped. My helmet got the same treatment.
    Last edited by deilenberger; 02-17-2014 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Added model to thread title
    regards
    Paul
    Ozzie Flyer
    BE KIND TO HUMANS... THEY BITE

Quote Originally Posted by pch123 View Post
    Having had someone run up the back of me on an earlier RT, I have been keen to make myself more obvious. Along with Hyperlights the tape shown below has helped. My helmet got the same treatment.
    I like it. A lot.

For the record, my helmet (Schuberth) is that color all over. And my jacket (Aerostich) is almost that color all over.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

I think the license plate will keep evil away!
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Ozzie Flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    I think the license plate will keep evil away!
    Someone else mentioned the number plate. I am missing it I am afraid. What is the licence plate mean ?
    regards
    Paul
    regards
    Paul
    Ozzie Flyer

Someone else mentioned the number plate. I am missing it I am afraid. What is the licence plate mean ?
    regards
    Paul
    Mark of the beast in Revelations..

The number on the license plate

Find your Bible and turn to Revelation 13:18:

"If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast,for it is man's number. His number is 666."

Note - Various schemes for decoding these numbers result in such names as Euanthas, Lateinos, and Nero Caesar(currently the favorite). Others take 666 as a symbol for the trinity of evil and imperfection-each digit falls short of the perfect number 7. - The New International Version Study Bible, copyright 1985.

Bill
    BMW R1200R
    Alpine White

Cowboyatheart
    Where did you purchase?
    Neil
    Want to be happy for a day? Drink. Want to be happy for a year? Get married. Want to be happy for life? Ride a BMW!
    www.TasteMoringa.com Smart Mix & XM3 Energy Drink are the puppies to view...IMO

Ozzie Flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by nelliott View Post
    Where did you purchase?
    Local safety gear store. Comes in about 5 colours and about 3 widths. Buy in length to suit.
    regards
    regards
    Paul
    Ozzie Flyer

Ozzie Flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by fastdogs2 View Post
    Find your Bible and turn to Revelation 13:18:

"If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast,for it is man's number. His number is 666."

Note - Various schemes for decoding these numbers result in such names as Euanthas, Lateinos, and Nero Caesar(currently the favorite). Others take 666 as a symbol for the trinity of evil and imperfection-each digit falls short of the perfect number 7. - The New International Version Study Bible, copyright 1985.

Bill
    Thanks for that. Silly me , my bible copy must be hidden under my copy of Road Rider.
    I really had no idea at all on this. Oh well .. no saving some people.
    regards
    regards
    Paul
    Ozzie Flyer

http://www.uline.com/Product/AdvSear...s=hiviz%20tape Uline is a supplier of safety items ...
    05 R1200RT
    Duragloss, Sidi, Russell, Olympia, Arai
    Sonor Signature Series (no longer made thanks to AMF buying Sonor)
    These are a few of my favorite things ...

Saving people

Thanks for that. Silly me , my bible copy must be hidden under my copy of Road Rider.
    I really had no idea at all on this. Oh well .. no saving some people.
    regards
    Paul,

Since you have located your Bible, look up Romans 10:13 and you will see that your assumption about people not being saved is in error.

Bill
    BMW R1200R
    Alpine White

Tape

I emailed 3M to see what dealers had reflective tape. I was looking for black reflective for the side cases. They sent me to a local sign maker where I got a piece 18" X 36". I had enough to do my '12 and '13 RT's (I got the '13 the hard way) and had enough left to cut out decals for my trunk and still have some left over. It cost me $20 for that sheet.

There are sites on the internet charge $25 just for the side cases.

Bernie

I would have guessed that in the southern hemisphere the number would be 999.

Your bike certainly does stand out.

I have a roll of the red reflective tap that was issued to me when I was in the Army in Germany in 1987. It still sticks and reflects as if it were new; do not be discouraged by the claim that it will last a mere seven years.
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Hi Paul,

Nice. I have RunNLites light-blazer, and the dark reflective tape on the rear of my bags, plus a glowing-orb Schuberth. All seem to help. It's interesting - when stopped at a light - if the car behind me starts to creep up, releasing my brake and then reapplying it (so the Light-Blazer goes into it's flashing mode again) invariably brings them to a stop. The LightBlazer is one of the legal sort of brake light additions - the law in the US is something like five-flashes then solid, which is what the LightBlazer does.

BTW - please take a look at: http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?46055 - I'll add that info to the thread title, not that it's really model specific, but for consistency (small mind - hobgoblin I guess.. )
    Don Eilenberger http://www.eilenberger.net
    Spring Lk Heights NJ NJ Shore BMW Riders New Sweden BMW Riders
    '07 R1200R (current ride) and some bimmers.. and a Porsche