Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: What items have you dodged or hit on your commute?

As opposed to a post turtle- The hockey puck turtle!

Two summers ago while riding the Ozark twisties on a beautiful morning, I breezed into a beautiful right hand turn almost at the limit. So close to the limit that once I spotted (lets name him Homer) in the middle of my lane trying to get home for dinner that evening, I wasn't able to change my line through the corner much due to speed... but just enough that I almost missed Homer. But not quite. I ran right over the edge of his shell which ejected Homer just like a hockey puck! I was amazed at how well Homer flew off to the left just like a well thrown touch down pass! (you know the kind) Perfectly flat, spinning through the air, Homer flew across the road, and down the hollow where in the clearing sat a small computer repair shop with plate glass windows. Yep you guessed it. I've always hoped Homer lived and was there to great the owners when they came to work.

Ken
    IBA #44567
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Eienstein

Mexican speed bumps, they are in places one would never imagine. alot of em are made from diff materials and almost look disguised, certianly no night time driving. allmost as bad as michigan pot holes,,,,
    The pursuit of reality at all cost.

Cal
    I dodged/passed 2 motorcyclists on GA 180 (Wolf Pen Gap Road), they were doing 15-20 mph on the curves and speeding on straights so the 1st chance I passed them both on my Jeep Wrangler. Does this count? If I would have been on my GS I would have passed sooner.
    Cal Garcia
    Suches, GA

Tarantulas

Well this was less (actually more) of a normal commute but it was a ride for work, from NM to the Panhandle of TX and man oh man did I see and dodge more tarantulas cross the road that I could count!

BH

central wisconsin along the wisconsin river

deer hit

I was coming back from breakfast in the Wisconsin dells while at the great lakes rally before it was the dells rally. I was in line with about 9 other beemers when across the field came 6 deer running full bore at us. we slowed to 45 mph and most ran between us except a smaller one that came right at me.I did a motocross move standing up on the foot pegs and kicked the deer at the moment of impact causing the deer to bellyflop as it hit me between the front and rear tires, The rear went 3 or 4 feet in the air like doing a one wheel stopie.I was covered with deer blood on my left side and successfully came to a stop on the side of the road leading to stand rock camo grounds.The gal behind me on a gs had it worse when she hit the speed bump dead deer carcass.when all stoped to make sure I was ok the gall pulled out latex gloves and cut out the back strap steaks and put then in a Walmart bag.Later in the day we all had some great,fresh venison steaks and I was the deer slayer the rest of the rally.I was on my 1971 Honda 360 that year .All it did was bend my shift lever up on a 45 degree angle.
    81 R100RT

central wisconsin along the wisconsin river

alchol abuse!

Ok Ok then another time on the way to the top o rockies rally we made a side trip to glasier park.While following a old pick-up pulling a 65 mustang on a traiter that was swaying allover the road when a cooler full of beer flew out of the back of the truck.The beer cans were exploding as they hit the road spraying us with beer all over the hot exaust pipes. We passed when traffic cleared.Later in st mary we stoped at subway for lunch and the guy was a loaded indian as he pulled in to mack and dons across the street.He was walking pretty wobbley.
    81 R100RT