Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 r1200rt price

2014 r1200rt price

Does anyone know the price of a 2104 r1200rt? I haven't seen anything published. I am thinking of replacing my 2004 rt.

No and I asked at the dealer last Saturday. My best guess would be within $500.00 of a like 2013 RT. How much did the GSW go up over the GS, would assume a like amount for RT.
    MOA #46783
    2014 R1200RT

My Motorrad
    BMWMOA 162849 | BMWRA 41335 | VROC 8109-R | VBA 19

That. is. crazy.

For not much more, you can get a nearly fully loaded GT. That price HAS to be for a loaded RT. Gotta.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwolf View Post
    That. is. crazy.

For not much more, you can get a nearly fully loaded GT. That price HAS to be for a loaded RT. Gotta.
    It's still expensive. Add tax and convenience fees and it's a lot of do re mi.
    My Motorrad

That ad also lists a 2014 GS @ 19,500
    Beginning list base price on a GS is 16,500 or some such
    I priced a new GS without GPS Prep, LED or alarm but with everything else and with Low suspension for about 19,300

so

The 23,700 for the RT must be loaded / with radio, halo LEDs, shift assist, hill assist, and electronic toe nail painter.

A non radio, non halo is probably more like 21ish , if you can order one that way.

Still a lot of $ for many folks.

d'milan

I've seen that A&S Motorcycle price up on the web for a month or so now. I'd say it's all speculation on their part.

I have already put down my deposit on a 2014 RT, so I went to the International DC Motorcycle show last weekend and talked at length with the BMW reps. Mostly I went to go feel the ergonomics. I believw this modes in considerably lower than previous years. I was nearly flat footed on the Standard seat in the Low position. On my 2005 RT, I had to get a Rick Mayer Seat and 1in lowered Hyperpro's to get this.

To answer the price question, they said pricing should come out no later than the end of January. The Reps said that they expect the RT to follow in the footsteps of the GS and be the same price as the previous model year (~300 bucks possibly in their opinion) for the base price. There were two 2 main packages in their Booklet, but my dealer provided me their sales prep training .pdf that says there are 3 (and dealers get demo bikes with a 4th package)... and the reps postulate there will be 6.

You can bet that the 49L TopCase will run you around $1600 since it is the same one that is on the K1600 available with or without central locking.

Reps also said they are hearing that delivery is ahead of schedule a bit... So "late Feb", as opposed to "sometime in March".

Bottom line, we'll have the pricing low down within the next 2 weeks.

Rumor over on ADV is that pricing for the GSA, RT, and Nine T will be released to the dealers on Tuesday next week.
    "Not all who wander are lost"

2014 R1200GS Adv Blue
    2011 R1200RT Ostra Grey - gone

Curious

It appears the "speculated" price of the RT at the provided link was out of bounds. Looking at the site now you have to call for pricing. If I recall correctly the $23k price was indicated to be the starting price. If the starting price were that high, that may be a premium too high for those contemplating a sport tourer.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my RT; however, if I were in the market facing that price point I would likely look elsewhere. I suspect the starting price will not be more than $1k above the '13's.

Just my $.02.
    2012 R1200RT - Fluid Grey Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ride View Post
    It appears the "speculated" price of the RT at the provided link was out of bounds. Looking at the site now you have to call for pricing. If I recall correctly the $23k price was indicated to be the starting price. If the starting price were that high, that may be a premium too high for those contemplating a sport tourer.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my RT; however, if I were in the market facing that price point I would likely look elsewhere. I suspect the starting price will not be more than $1k above the '13's.

Just my $.02.
    I guess we'll find out soon enough.
    My Motorrad

Base price in Canada is $20850. With all the options and all taxes and such I was told around $25000. Probably a bit less in the US as seems to be the norm.
    Ed Miller, Calgary, AB
    2008 K1200GT, 2009 F800GS
    I can't wait to retire and have a fixed income. The one I have now is always broke.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmxcivrs View Post
    Base price in Canada is $20850. With all the options and all taxes and such I was told around $25000. Probably a bit less in the US as seems to be the norm.
    a guy just posted on the LT board that he ordered one and it was 25285 and it didn't have every option, but was well optioned.
    My Motorrad

My local dealer left a voicemail for me today. Said they had just received final pricing and option package ordering information today. I'll be calling him tomorrow.

Cowboyatheart

Link on here for pricing

Go here, then click on model pricing. http://www.bmw-motorrad.ca/ca/en/index.html
    Neil
    Want to be happy for a day? Drink. Want to be happy for a year? Get married. Want to be happy for life? Ride a BMW!
    www.TasteMoringa.com Smart Mix & XM3 Energy Drink are the puppies to view...IMO

2014 rt

It looks like $20,870 is the number.