Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wisconsin west to east after the rally

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Quote Originally Posted by will.kraham View Post
    Can you share the route planned from VT to MN? Planning for trip to rally with no interstate.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    This shows the approximate route, though I've decided to dip further south in Ohio to catch the Amish country. Altogether the trip follows short sections of slab (one exit to the next) for a grand total of less than 20 miles. The rest is all US highways or secondary roads

'07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

How many miles is this? Can you share the hwy #s? (Can't enlarge your graphic enough to show them.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Being from Southern WI and travelling a lot in northern WI and upper MI, I just have to comment on what I would call a big mistake if you aren't really planning on being this way anytime soon. You are cutting off the Keweenaw peninsula. You can save a little time in WI and add this to the trip, as much as I love WI it would be a better choice IMHO. You can just go from Duluth/Superior direct to Ashland WI ( and I do love Bayfield County, which you would be missing), then use your best judgement to get to Houghton/Hancock MI and up towards Copper Harbor MI and explore a few of the roads on the Keweenaw peninsula. After your waypoint E (the next 3), one must be Bayfield and the next one might be Ontonagon, MI? From there you want to explore the peninsula after that 3rd waypoint, beautiful riding. I wouldn't miss it, being just that close to it. I would also head east across Canada instead of lower MI and Ohio.
    87 K75S, bought new, now sold
    07 K1200GT Bought new, now traded in
    13 C650GT
    MOA 44606

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Thanks, Gilly. I've taken the Canadian routes several times and spent several days on the Keneenaw, but have never seen lower Michigan nor the eastern half of the UP. I also want to linger on the backroads of Ohio's Amish country. I look forward to retirement when time isn't a factor, but for now I have to pick and choose what I see along the way. And this time I choose places I've not seen before.
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

OK, if you have been there, then you know what I mean, if you hadn't been there it would be a must-see. I understand wanting to see something else.
    13 C650GT
    MOA 44606

OK, if you have been there, then you know what I mean, if you hadn't been there it would be a must-see. I understand wanting to see something else.
    On the eastern UP, if you want a recommendation, I'd see the Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum in Paradise, MI, looks like it might be on your route already. (last waypoint in the UP on your route)
    13 C650GT
    MOA 44606