Thread: Gas tank painting

Gas tank painting

Anyone have any luck painting the gas tank on a g650gs? Does anyone know what type of plastic it is and if it can be painted?

Assuming you mean the plastic panels ? Yes, can be painted ...they are painted now.

If you are asking about the under the seat fuel tank...can you see enough to worry?
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

The painted panels: use any good 2 stage auto paint with flex agent involved. The actual tank(as said already) -are you kidding?
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

No I'm not kidding. And I am talking about the actual gas tank. It is greying up a bit and is not smooth like the ones on new bikes. It kind of looks porous, like it was sand blasted with a very course sand.