Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The official Ask Kevin Anything About The Twin Cities thread

_

Jucy Lucy (the correct spelling)

Quote Originally Posted by kckrych View Post
    Anyone care to weight in on the best "Juicy Lucy" burger near the fairgrounds?
    http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/top-li...s-twin-cities/
    Charlie

Sure seems like it's "Juicy" not "Jucy".

Juicy Lucys are, so Wikipedia tells me and I consequently tell every out of town visitor who passes through the Twin Cities, the ?Philly cheesesteaks of South Minneapolis.?
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Thanks Charlie!!!

The 5-8 Club and Matt's Bar are officially on my agenda!!!

_
    Thanks Charlie!!!

I occasionally travel from a point between the two places to the fairgrounds. My favorite path from the fairgrounds would be south on Snelling under I94, right on Marshall (turns into Lake St. in Minneapolis) and left on Cedar. This will take you through several interesting urban areas and is a pleasant ride except in rush hour.
    Charlie

_

Jucy Lucy

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Just for fun drop into Matt's and tell them they spelled it wrong and that you know that it is true because you read it on the internet.
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by cwc View Post
    Just for fun drop into Matt's and tell them they spelled it wrong and that you know that it is true because you read it on the internet.
    Looks like you got me there!

http://mattsbar.com/

I guess there's a bit of controversy as to who invented it and the spelling...again from the Internet!

The Juicy Lucy burger was invented in a south Minneapolis bar sometime in the 1950s, and depending on who you talk to, that was either the 5-8 Club, who serve the Juicy Lucy, or Matt's Bar, who make the Jucy Lucy, and let customers know that "if it's spelled correctly, you're at the wrong place".
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by mvscorpio View Post
    How easy is it to get to the Twins game? I noticed they are in town the week of the rally, and I love visiting new (to me) parks. Is there bike parking set aside? Or would you recommend public transit?
    Thank you!
    We have a good public transportation system. Bus line right outside the Fairground which will take you to light rail, light rail goes right to Target Field. There's limited motorcycle parking near Target Field as well. I always take the train. Besides, you can get a better view of the Twin Cities, instead of concentrating on riding/driving.
    -K
    Kevin Kocur, #58836
    2001 F650GS, 1995 R1100GS, 1988 K100RS
    BMW Motorcycle Owners Club of Minnesota 2014 President and Rally Tear Down Chair

Anyone care to weight in on the best "Juicy Lucy" burger near the fairgrounds?
    Near? Shamrock's or The Nook (both are in St. Paul). Best? The Jucy Lucy at Matt's. I could probably be persuaded to lead a ride to Matt's...

Thanks Charlie!!!

Let us know your preference.
    -K
    Kevin Kocur, #58836
    BMW Motorcycle Owners Club of Minnesota 2014 President and Rally Tear Down Chair

twins game

How easy is it to get to the Twins game? I noticed they are in town the week of the rally, and I love visiting new (to me) parks. Is there bike parking set aside? Or would you recommend public transit?
    Thank you!
    You could ride the bus from the fairgrounds to Target Field. A #3 A or B bus will take you without any transfers. $1.75 to $2.25 depend on rush hour or not. It would be about a 34 minute trip. The park is wonderful, in my opinion.

Thank you!

Minnesota Saints play on Wed and Thursday nights of the rally at Midway Stadium less than a mile and a half away from the rally.
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

Karol Patzer, Ambassador, Director MOA Foundation
    2008/2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair

Quote Originally Posted by R1100rtp View Post
    Minnesota Saints play on Wed and Thursday nights of the rally at Midway Stadium less than a mile and a half away from the rally.
    Definitely worth the experience to see Bill Veeck style baseball. +100

Agreed. The Saints are a lot of fun and where else can you watch a baseball game while getting a haircut, a massage, or from the comfort of a hot tub?
    -K
    Kevin Kocur, #58836

Quote Originally Posted by BeerTeam View Post
    Did you ride your F650 on the Trans Minnesota Adventure Trail (TMAT)? What areas did you like best? Is this your favorite dual sport route from the cities to Duluth?

I did the eastern ride by GPS and feel I would like to ride some more in that area. Any suggestions.
    Giving this a bump as I'd like to hear any comments on the TMAT myself. This is the first year that I have an adventure bike, (F700GS) and I'd like to arrive a week early and attempt some part of the trail..... So, anyone out there with TMAT experience willing to share would be surely appreciated....Also, will there be a GS Giant meeting place somewhere before the rally, like the one before Salem, where folks met up and rode some trials together?

Rally wine?

So will one of the St Croix based wineries be providing a local specialty commemorative for the 14 rally? I imagine that it would be good to pull together a MN wineries ride to go with the Beer Ride already underway.

Quote Originally Posted by arthurdent View Post
    So will one of the St Croix based wineries be providing a local specialty commemorative for the 14 rally? I imagine that it would be good to pull together a MN wineries ride to go with the Beer Ride already underway.
    We haven't really checked into a rally wine. Unfortunately, Salem wine sales weren't as great as expected. Don't want to "whine", but we may still have leftovers.
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

Karol Patzer, Ambassador, Director MOA Foundation
    2008/2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair