Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Patch

Patch

Awhile back dropped into local dealer to poke around, buy a couple little pricey service items and asked for a patch to sew on me jacket, just for something to do, free brand identity advertising. They didn't have the patch because they said they didn't carry BMW clothing. Go figure?

Recently walked through local big box hardware/lumber/everything else store, and there was a rack of hats made abroad with every automobile badge imaginable, except BMW. Guess I'll pass on the jacket patch.

Ebay will have some I imagine.
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Patch

MOA Country Store?

BobSchrader

Tom
    '84 R100RT '04 CLC(gone) Honda NT700V
    BMW
    Beer Motorcycles Women

Go to eBay and search for BMW patch. You'll be awash in a sea of patches of many styles. Several in the $3-5 range.
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent

It always seemed to me that most stores that had the bikes rarely had the gear. The difference always seemed to be the size if the store. I have a feeling that it costs a bundle to get into the BMW clothing business and smaller shops can't swing it.
    As for the patch, Remember the big commotion over the logo and the salvation of the "intellectual properties", while it's their (BMW) right, it seems to sour enough people so the demand shrinks. Harley Davidson has taken another approach
    OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Thanx, just checked out eBay and the patch I like has the blue and white in the wrong places.

Quote Originally Posted by 8ninety8 View Post
    Thanx, just checked out eBay and the patch I like has the blue and white in the wrong places.
    Just look at it in a mirror.

Maybe they reversed the image when it was posted on eBay.
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent

Maybe it's a racing patch, you know, bikes going so fast the colors actually turn to the right? Hey, do you get a free patch when you buy a new bike? That would be a nice touch.

I didn't find the color reversed patch but did find a dozen or so patches with a correct roundel and didn't get past page 1 on eBay.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    I didn't find the color reversed patch but did find a dozen or so patches with a correct roundel and didn't get past page 1 on eBay.
    If I buy one, can BMW sue me for trafficking in counterfeit goods?
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    If I buy one, can BMW sue me for trafficking in counterfeit goods?
    Trafficking would be a criminal matter - they can't sue you which would be for a civil matter. Customs might seize your package. Somebody might fly from Berlin to find you to rip the patch from your jacket, but somehow I don't really expect that would happen.

If BMW wants to go after somebody it is most likely the sellers brazenly advertising on eBay and I don't see that happening right now.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

ditto use "embroidered BMW patch"
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

Somebody might fly from Berlin to find you to rip the patch from your jacket
    I bet he wears a black leather trench coat, fedora and gold wire rim glasses............just like in the first Indiana Jones movie. Where's Karen Allen?
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744