Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Salty Fog Riders Rally 2013: The Report

Thumbs up Always room for another headlight.....

in the "formation" HexST. Make some plans to ride up. Wander'n Dave dosen't sound promising; the "kid's" are reporting en-mass to the FAA Academy, & they need the aviation professor most all of 2014. I'm probably solo (with pillion maybe fly'n to join) Bring Money!

travel'n john
    Last edited by flyhi2cfar; 01-02-2014 at 11:07 PM.

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by flyhi2cfar View Post
    in the "formation" HexST. Make some plans to ride up. Wander'n Dave dosen't sound promising; the "kid's" are reporting en-mass to the FAA Academy, & they need the aviation professor most all of 2014. I'm probably solo (with pillion maybe fly'n to join) Bring Money!

travel'n john
    With Dara we hope - Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tourunigo View Post
    With Dara we hope - Bob
    Yeah, he's much more fun with her, eh.
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197 bogthebasher's Avatar

Still planning to attend this fall.

Also working on my wife to ride as well but she is not wanting to go that far (5000 Km one way) in that time of the year.

Screen Shot 2014-01-02 at 8.54.31 PM.jpg
    Ken
    [2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blue) - Mine]
    [2007 R1200RT (Sand Biege) - Hers]

Quote Originally Posted by bogthebasher View Post
    Also working on my wife to ride as well but she is not wanting to go that far (5000 Km one way) in that time of the year.

Screen Shot 2014-01-02 at 8.54.31 PM.jpg
    Ken,

Ask her to ride round trip. Perhaps that offer of one way made her think you planned on leaving her in Larry's River.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

Uh....

...yes, let's be clear; and sorry for any confusion... anybody climbing on the back of my RT after a plane ride will be Dara.
    Those other two times where I went pillion (yes..once was with my luggage after a jet flight) ...were extenuating circumstances! .

Ken, 850mi to the Atlantic from Montreal....pillion round-trip ticket Calgary - Montreal.... priceless!!! .
    Paul could hook you up with a really fine 2 nite/3 day ride to base camp that would make for a fine tour.
    And you can ride PEI on the return!

I'm thinking of using Portland, Maine if the two-up trip develops... and I'll contact the "Acadia Academic"... Tommcgee, for that route.

three-bowl

And now...the rest of the story....

[SIZE=4]The Salty Fog Riders Rally is now gearing up for its seventh year. Starting in 2007 (none in 2008), with our 'co conspirator' the late MOA member Paul Bachorz, Mary and I have continued to develop the original vision. We believe that our little rally is unique, relaxing and provides an interesting way to spend a few riding days discovering our part of the world.

And now: The 2013 SALTY FOG RIDERS RALLY RIDE REPORT

So, some basics about the rally:

The part covered by our current rally route:

Where is Larry's River, Nova Scotia?

What is the ride route?

And who, exactly, is responsible for providing this little Nova Scotia adventure?

NEXT: So, what happened on the 2013 Salty Fog Riders Rally?
    Last edited by tourunigo; 01-27-2014 at 02:32 PM. Reason: picture addition
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com

Well, what did happen????

Quote Originally Posted by sibud View Post
    Well, I'm glad that you asked Bud! As you may know from previous reports, food plays an integral role in our rally generally and in Larry's River specifically. Lots of food prep for the soup (ya soup!!), ham, lasagna, salad, pancakes, homefries, scrambled eggs, sausages and glorious fresh ground coffee. Here are some examples with a few more later

saltyfogriders@gmail.com

This year's weather was a bit damper than usual but it did not dampen spirits (as usual!). Most chose to set out bedrolls either in the house or in Mary's Art Studio in the barn. The wet gear was hung both outdoors and in the barn.

Wayne started to venture forth but he too hung things on a 'barn line' and went to the studio (more about his Frankentent later).

Discussions, often animated, took shelter away from the weather...

Shorti gathers up the wounded....

...and more soup

.... some Salty Fog cake after supper

TOMORROW WE GO FISHING IN THE OCEAN
    Last edited by tourunigo; 01-04-2014 at 02:44 PM.
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com

Thanks!

I see in one of the pictures that you liberated a MOA sign.

What is the average weight gain per rider during the week? About 15 to 20 lbs!!!!!!! I'm just saying I added 2 pounds just looking at all that fantastic food, and, BTW, the ham smells delicious.

I know some of the people in the pics and met at least one at the RA Rally that I didn't know before.

Great report. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Don't forget, the stories don't have to be true to be good.

Today we go fishing! However, not before a visit from the Salty Fog Riders' youngest member - Willow. Sporting an excellent Salty Fog Riders T-Shirt, Willow remains fascinated with Wayne's bike and his assortment of critters. One became a gift to her by Wayne.

A short walk to the wharf to get onboard...

Our Captain is Damien Delorey. This is his business poster: just in case you are in the area and looking for a bit of a sea cruise and/or fishing adventure.

saltyfogriders@gmail.com

All aboard the Get Kraken...

The Captain

LET THE FISHING BEGIN! A PICTORIAL ESSAY

Finally! A fish for Bob....

A LOCAL GUEST

Home again and Paul won the official Get Kraken crew member t-shirt. (could not find a picture of it ) Nothing left now but the cooking!

next: On The Road .........
    Last edited by tourunigo; 01-04-2014 at 04:59 PM.
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com

Uh.... what can I say...

...well; Oh to have been there! Nice report Bob. And Mary...your beyond belief! Kitchen/food guru & pillion navigator....Bob is so lucky he married up!
    And now you have Damion & the "lob-stah" yacht! I can turn that cruise into the off-shore "sea sick excursion"... draws fish I'm told.
    Better yet, somebody needs to stay ashore & guard the cooler of Halifax's finest (A.K's IPA) & the Molsen Canadian! That and watch that bikes don't
    fall over on the soft & hilly slick grass! A few observations... don't let the guy with the huge knife near the ham; he massacred that cake edge like
    you'd gouge it out with fingers! And the MOA highly decorated tour & mileage winner fellow seems to be teasing me, showing he has the "last bowl"
    of the soup! (note: best chicken soup ever) Nice of Shorti to pick up after Wayne, as she goes for a coffee refill. Neat pic of Harry reminding everyone
    not to take his corner lounger when he gets up. With his view into the kitchen, he is good to let everybody know to follow him when its time to eat.
    What???..."weather damper than usual" at the SFRR! That would be "normal" for a few there. Hey Willow...john says hi

as always...enjoying the memories
    three bowl

Quote Originally Posted by flyhi2cfar View Post
    ...well; Oh to have been there! Nice report Bob. And Mary...your beyond belief! Kitchen/food guru & pillion navigator....Bob is so lucky he married up!
    And now you have Damion & the "lob-stah" yacht! I can turn that cruise into the off-shore "sea sick excursion"... draws fish I'm told.
    Better yet, somebody needs to stay ashore & guard the cooler of Halifax's finest (A.K's IPA) & the Molsen Canadian! That and watch that bikes don't
    fall over on the soft & hilly slick grass! A few observations... don't let the guy with the huge knife near the ham; he massacred that cake edge like
    you'd gouge it out with fingers! And the MOA highly decorated tour & mileage winner fellow seems to be teasing me, showing he has the "last bowl"
    of the soup! (note: best chicken soup ever) Nice of Shorti to pick up after Wayne, as she goes for a coffee refill. Neat pic of Harry reminding everyone
    not to take his corner lounger when he gets up. With his view into the kitchen, he is good to let everybody know to follow him when its time to eat.
    What???..."weather damper than usual" at the SFRR! That would be "normal" for a few there. Hey Willow...john says hi

as always...enjoying the memories
    three bowl

We did have the Ron and Nick security team while we were away at sea and, yes, I suspect that Ron had a twinge of mischief while spooning out the soup. Does this bowl look MT2U ?

saltyfogriders@gmail.com