Thread: BMW historical and technical literature

BMW historical and technical literature

I'm looking for a couple things: First, a good, historical reference on the BMW motorcycle, from its roots to the present day. Second, a fairly detailed description of the internal mechanics and operation of the K1600 6-cylinder engine. Thanks in advance!

No longer a member here
    First: BMW Motorcycles. The Complete Story. by Bruce Preston. Crowood Press. Revised Edition 1996. Obviously, late data since 1996 is missing.

Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

Thanks, Kent. When I looked at it on Amazon, it appeared to be written in German. Do you know if this is correct? Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by EMSimon View Post
    First: BMW Motorcycles. The Complete Story. by Bruce Preston. Crowood Press. Revised Edition 1996. Obviously, late data since 1996 is missing.
    Thanks for the tip, Mike. I will check it out.

No longer a member here
    Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    Thanks, Kent. When I looked at it on Amazon, it appeared to be written in German. Do you know if this is correct? Thx.
    The original is definitely in German. Don't know if this is an English version.

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    From a quick review at Amazon, it appears to be in both English and German. The pages are split, one have being English, the other half in German.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

No longer a member here
    Juergen Gassebner is a renowned author of motorcycle books, especially BMW. I have several publications penned by him. He is foremost into the history and heritage of the motorcycle models, not so much company history. Consequently, if you look for info about economic background, R&D and strategic connections of the BMW motorcycle, you may not find it in his books.

Try this

Glorious photos including the 1600, and a couple of pages of write up in English
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog