Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Women with weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    It's just some pictures of women holding or beholding one of the fastest selling items in the USA this Christmas season
    It's pictures of women smoking pot?

Seriously, did you see the one blonde with the designer ripped skin-tight jeans and English-style riding boots with the turkish shotgun? Now, I've spent a bit of time hunting and when you show me a Browning double barrel shotgun I expect to see a FN mark from Belgium. But, I've never seen a Blonde strutting about the rabbit thickets in skin-tight designer jeans and english riding boots with her trusty 20-guage.

But, that is just me.......
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Quote Originally Posted by jstrube View Post
    I would call it an observation. Societally women are less likely to be shooters and non Caucasian women even less so. Not sure how the photographer gathered the subjects, but I doubt there was any ill intent. I know as a NRA member, they outreach to "non traditional" shooters as a manner of growing the sport/hobby or whatever you may call it. Someone could make the same observation about any MOA publication. I don't think is intentional, just reflective.
    I've been meaning to write a brusque letter to the editor of the ON about the absence of any saris, lederhosen or burkas.
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post

Seriously, did you see the one blonde with the designer ripped skin-tight jeans and English-style riding boots with the turkish shotgun? Now, I've spent a bit of time hunting and when you show me a Browning double barrel shotgun I expect to see a FN mark from Belgium. But, I've never seen a Blonde strutting about the rabbit thickets in skin-tight designer jeans and english riding boots with her trusty 20-guage.

You're funny.
    I like the lady in the cornfield wearing the green wellies.
    Go back to sleep Angus darlin' . . .

Ruth from Savannah scares me. She has that, "I've been in prison and I'm not afraid to go back" look.
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

I think she just hunts in area which is very hot, has lots of snakes and bugs, so you don't want loose clothing picking up bugs, low boots a snake can bite above very easily, or layers of clothing to cook yourself to death in.

Just my take..

Ruth from Savannah scares me. She has that, "I've been in prison and I'm not afraid to go back" look.
    Yah, her living room at 2AM with armfuls of her stuff is no place to be found.

Been to prison? I think she ran the place. I wouldn't mess with that lady, even if she was just carrying a wooden spoon. The fact that she posed with a Winchester Model 12 with an installed Cutts Compensator, points to authenticity.
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Quote Originally Posted by jforgo View Post
    I think she just hunts in area which is very hot, has lots of snakes and bugs, so you don't want loose clothing picking up bugs, low boots a snake can bite above very easily, or layers of clothing to cook yourself to death in.

Just my take..
    I see, sorta like how Rambo dressed vs all those guys in pictures from Vietnam..........

A speedo, a few ammo belts for clips and a gun.........

Quote Originally Posted by wezul View Post
    You're funny.
    I like the lady in the cornfield wearing the green wellies.
    Go back to sleep Angus darlin' . . .
    Other than the green wellies and the turtleneck, she was somewhat realistic. Wellies are for the horse crowd. Turtlenecks? I think Austin Powers tried that look.

I've been meaning to write a brusque letter to the editor of the ON about the absence of any saris, lederhosen or burkas.

Looking forward to your letter Kevin. I know Vince will run with it.

W/O any ill intent, I noticed very few people of color at MOA rallies.

It's not racist to make observations.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by sibud View Post
    W/O any ill intent, I noticed very few people of color at MOA rallies.
    It would be near-sighted not to be concerned. The clubs dominant demographic, upper middle-class retirees, will likely end within 10-yrs. There will be older folks from those income brackets, but they wont have the income.

It would be near-sighted not to be concerned. The clubs dominant demographic, upper middle-class retirees, will likely end within 10-yrs. There will be older folks from those income brackets, but they wont have the income.
    The BOD is concerned and working now to try to figure out a way for the MOA to viable 20 years from now.

MOA membership, by definition, will be of value to those who either own, or want to own, a BMW. I'm sure BMW is working on strategies to continue sell more motorcycles, and that won't be to guys my age and older.

I do have a vested interest in the MOA continuing as I'm a Lifetime Member and plan to be around for a few more years.

I'm sure BMW is working on strategies to continue sell more motorcycles, and that won't be to guys my age and older.
    Bud,

Not knowing your age, but I assume it's in the 65 range. Considering that mortgages and children tuition expenses are behind you, I bet that BMW, just like Harley, has a special place in their marketing plan for you.

Bud,

Not knowing your age, but I assume it's in the 65 range. Considering that mortgages and children tuition expenses are behind you, I bet that BMW, just like Harley, has a special place in their marketing plan for you.
    Good guess, 67.

At this stage of my life, a new motorcycle isn't a purchase I consider. I've owned 6 Beemers, all used and all a good value IMO considering what I paid for them and the enjoyment I got from them.

Could I buy a new one? Sure. Will I, no. I'll let someone else take the depreciation hit and then buy.

But I'm sure that BMW has some marketing plan for "Heritage riders" such as me.

But they need a lot more younger riders to enter the family. Us old pharts can not continue to support them forever.

Good guess, 67.

At this stage of my life, a new motorcycle isn't a purchase I consider. I've owned 6 Beemers, all used and all a good value IMO considering what I paid for them and the enjoyment I got from them.

Could I buy a new one? Sure. Will I, no. I'll let someone else take the depreciation hit and then buy.

But I'm sure that BMW has some marketing plan for "Heritage riders" such as me.

But they need a lot more younger riders to enter the family. Us old pharts can not continue to support them forever.
    Bud,

I'm 54 and most of the customers I see in BMW dealerships are older and, apparently, wealthier than I.