Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "GS-911 WiFi" beta testing has started!

Ozzie Flyer
    Guys
    Any idea when this May become available for purchase?
    Best regards
    regards
    Paul
    Ozzie Flyer
    BE KIND TO HUMANS... THEY BITE

Only the guys at Hexcode really have any idea when this will go on sale. I can say a lot of work is needed before they are ready. This is an extremely complicated task taking many man-hours to develop. I would say it's being done right with a structured beta test program involving a diverse group of testers.
    2013 R1200 GSW

Riding is the art of throwing yourself at the ground and missing

How are things going with this device? Been thinking about one
    OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

I know Ted Porter's in Scotts Valley, CA has them for sale, the old units, I suppose.
    And there may now be other dealers in the USA.
    I got mine about 5, well, now almost 6 years ago? And I never had any need for a wifi aspect to it.
    And, I never once paid for a service reminder reset, and I also did any number of them for others at no charge.
    Anyway, not everyone needs one of these. If there is one in your riding circle of friends, in your local club, or just a friend or acquaintance you should be able to get free service reminder resets and diagnosis.
    They are worth the price.
    Just do not consider buying a bootleg or pirated version.
    Get the real device from the guys who developed the unit for the BMW rider community.
    dc

A group did a bunch of testing in Dec and reported results, wishes, and other comments to Hexcode. Hexcode said they are busy working on the product. I'm guessing when they have something else for the testers to test they'll let us know.

They're working through a list of approximately 175 enhancements and bug reports we did on first beta and I suspect they'll run a second here before too long. Fwiw

Quote Originally Posted by dmftoy1 View Post
    They're working through a list of approximately 175 enhancements and bug reports we did on first beta and I suspect they'll run a second here before too long. Fwiw
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Any news?

Heard anything?
    Dan

2010 R1200GSA

Just heard from one of their developers that they're building a new release for testing. (As I type this)

Thank you.

Just heard from one of their developers that they're building a new release for testing. (As I type this)
    Thanks.
    Dan

2010 R1200GSA

Just thought I'd post an update as a second beta is now available and we are actively testing it.

My initial reaction is WOW - they've incorporated a lot of the feedback from the first beta and there's at least a 10 fold speed increase. I thought first beta was "usable", but now it's downright nice!

Anyway - just thought I'd share some tidbits. Having just returned from a ~4800 mile week where I was doing a lot of riding faster than I normally would have I was curious what might be lurking in the bikes computer system. Reading the engine controller fault codes (didn't expect any) was surprised to see a "low oil warning", pulling up the details and matching against my trip log and it corresponded exactly to the odometer reading where I got a "check oil" message on the dash at a fuel stop!

Going on to the alarm system controller I noticed fault codes that show my having set it off two times in 8 tenths of a mile. Checking again and it corresponds to my 902 mile day when I managed to embarrass myself in front of 20-30 google maps employees, and again later leaving the restaurant.

One nice feature they've added is the ability to send the diagnostics generated via an email, so if you've got a iPhone, or other smart phone you can drive the device, collect diagnostics and send them on to your service writer, etc.

Ok, back to testing.

Have a good one,
    Dave

Very Nice
    Thanks.
    OM
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200