Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 23 of 23

Thread: Taking the ferry

  1. #16
    Registered User clowry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Oakville, ON
    Posts
    1,887
    Thanks for the info! We'll go ahead and book it!

  2. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    22

    Advice for routes/SS Badger

    I booked my one way ss Badger ticket from Ludington to Manitowoc (no problem with the 20% discount). I am starting in Northern NY, and will not have a lot of time to ride to the Rally, be there until Sunday and get home (work is a pia!)
    So, I was hoping to get great information from the forum on best routes. I figure I will ride the slab to Buffalo, then to Brantford ON the first day. Brantford to Ludington MI the second, take the 8:30 am ferry the next morning, arrive in Manitowoc at 11:30 am and get to the Rally that evening.
    I have never been in these areas.
    Suggestions on the route?
    I took another poster's suggestion and ordered all the paper maps from Ontario and the states I'm going through and I'm spreading them out now and will plot the exact route the old fashioned way.
    Thanks!
    Howard

  3. #18
    Just puttsin' OldNuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by hlebowi2 View Post
    I booked my one way ss Badger ticket from Ludington to Manitowoc (no problem with the 20% discount). I am starting in Northern NY, and will not have a lot of time to ride to the Rally, be there until Sunday and get home (work is a pia!)
    So, I was hoping to get great information from the forum on best routes. I figure I will ride the slab to Buffalo, then to Brantford ON the first day. Brantford to Ludington MI the second, take the 8:30 am ferry the next morning, arrive in Manitowoc at 11:30 am and get to the Rally that evening.
    I have never been in these areas.
    Suggestions on the route?
    I took another poster's suggestion and ordered all the paper maps from Ontario and the states I'm going through and I'm spreading them out now and will plot the exact route the old fashioned way.
    Thanks!
    Howard
    If time is a concern, from Manitowoc to the Rally, I suggest this route: US10 West to I94 West, I94 West to St. Paul and the Snelling Ave exit ( Exit 238 ), Right on Snelling Ave. to the Rally Site (MN State Fairgrounds).
    When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

  4. #19
    Registered User bill310's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    7
    Hi Karol,

    Is the Lake Express also offering a discount?

    http://www.lake-express.com

    Regards,

    Bill

  5. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    22

    ss badger/route to Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by OldNuke View Post
    If time is a concern, from Manitowoc to the Rally, I suggest this route: US10 West to I94 West, I94 West to St. Paul and the Snelling Ave exit ( Exit 238 ), Right on Snelling Ave. to the Rally Site (MN State Fairgrounds).
    Thanks OldNuke.
    I was looking at that route last night. How long do you think it would take from Manitowoc to St Paul?

    Howard

  6. #21
    Just puttsin' OldNuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by hlebowi2 View Post
    Thanks OldNuke.
    I was looking at that route last night. How long do you think it would take from Manitowoc to St Paul?

    Howard
    It's about 330 miles. That's around a 5.5 hr ride.

    The other option is I43 North to Green Bay and WI Hwy 29 West, WI Hwy 29 West to I94 West and on into St. Paul. The time and mileage difference isn't that great.
    When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

  7. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by OldNuke View Post
    It's about 330 miles. That's around a 5.5 hr ride.

    The other option is I43 North to Green Bay and WI Hwy 29 West, WI Hwy 29 West to I94 West and on into St. Paul. The time and mileage difference isn't that great.
    Would you prefer the first scenario?
    Also, any suggestions for Brantford Ontario to Ludington MI?

    Thanks again
    Howard

  8. #23
    Just puttsin' OldNuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by hlebowi2 View Post
    Would you prefer the first scenario?
    Also, any suggestions for Brantford Ontario to Ludington MI?

    Thanks again
    Howard
    I prefer the first do to some of the quieter 2 lane portions. The second has more multi-lane sections and is just a tad shorter.
    No suggestions for the Canadian side, sorry.
    When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •